U2

Cheers marra. I'll watch that in its entirety later on but I challenge anyone to go to 18:30 and watch for a few mins then review the o/p's comment.

I fluked a Blackberry competition (didn't know there was one) when I worked for T-Mobile so I was there on a VIP ticket which included free booze, a free blackberry and chauffer there and back from doxy. Topper night

Common sense is admitting who two of the main instigators that day were, people who sat on the IRA army council and then made lucrative careers funded from the public purse.
You do know what a sympathiser is though mate, yes?
The song is about 28 people being shot on the street & condeming violence. It’s in no way supporting any IRA views or actions.

not a massive man but the missus use to be many year back , anyway goin manchester for weekend jolly and seeing them down there Sat night, will post a review next week :D

I’m sure there is stuff on google to make me out to be a liar .But I remember as a kid in the 80’s their crack was very pro IRA .

Remember McDonald’s aswell being linked to the twats also .

They were my favourite band in the 80's & 90's. Don't recall any pro IRA shite but then again what would I know. I was only the secretary of the Mark Hateley Loyal RSC in Sunderland at the time.

The McDonalds thing was a load of shite too. The IRA stated on the payslips stood for Individual Retirement Account. Its name was changed when people started linking it with the IRA. Wells Fargo still run an account with same name.

I was lucky enough to be at Murrayfield in 1987 for the Joshua Tree tour. Pretty good evening.

I was there too. Met a few MLFs in a bar just around the corner from Waverley Station.

Last edited:
I’m sure there is stuff on google to make me out to be a liar .But I remember as a kid in the 80’s their crack was very pro IRA .

Remember McDonald’s aswell being linked to the twats also .

That was bollocks.

In the USA pensions are often called IRA - Independent Retirement Accounts. On the McDonalds wage slips it would say "IRA Contribution" meaning the employee was paying a contribution into their own pension. 2+2+Chinese Whispers=5

They were my favourite band in the 80's & 90's. Don't recall any pro IRA shite but then again what would I know. I was only the secretary of the Mark Hateley Loyal RSC in Sunderland at the time.

The McDonalds thing was a load of shite too. The IRA stated on the payslips stood for Individual Retirement Account. Its name was changed when people started linking it with the IRA. Wells Fargo still run an account with same name.

I was there too. Met a few MLFs in a bar just around the corner from Waverley Station.

Ah there we go. Someone beat me to it.

That was bollocks.

In the USA pensions are often called IRA - Independent Retirement Accounts. On the McDonalds wage slips it would say "IRA Contribution" meaning the employee was paying a contribution into their own pension. 2+2+Chinese Whispers=5

Ah there we go. Someone beat me to it.

Chinese whispers = 1 in that case.

Not a big fan, like a few tracks and most of the Joshua Tree and I can't stand Bono, even if he wished Johnny Drama a Happy Birthday

Can't help but tap a toe when the Joshua Tree is being listened to by Tommy Lee Jones on Blown Away.....

Might have to try and give that a watch at some point - was at that gig as well. Suspect it will have good audio as well since the gig was broadcast on the radio (got a download of that).

Used to like them in the 80s and 90s up until achtung baby , then they went utter shite

They were so full of themselves , they put a free album on iTunes - I couldn’t delete it quick enough

Would’ve loved to see that Joshua tree 30 years tour last year tho , the aviva stadium gig in Dublin is on YouTube and they were prettt good tbh

It was at Croke Park not the Aviva. And yes it was a good gig although I ended up enjoying the one in Amsterdam a week or two later even more.

no need to get mad,cyril.
“We like to think our audience are not paying the price - it's us," says Bono.
might as well be free
The pricing does seem to be all over the place though. I'm going to see them in Dublin and paid something like €90 for a ticket. Mates of mine got them for the same night in a different section that is no better than the one I'm in and the tickets were €210 each!

The pricing does seem to be all over the place though. I'm going to see them in Dublin and paid something like €90 for a ticket. Mates of mine got them for the same night in a different section that is no better than the one I'm in and the tickets were €210 each!
thats a shocking difference that mind.
same booking/ ticketing agency too?

Back