U2

Shite if you ask me
I give them respect for what they've done and for long they have done it, but I have never been a fan. Bono's voice gets on my nerves.

I can't tell you how much I value your opinion.

Apparently U2 have sold 170 million albums but what do those people know?
I don't believe the number of albums a band has sold truly defines the quality of the band. Popularity doesn't always equal quality, right?

Evidently fuck all. Celine Dion has apparently sold 250 million records.
My thoughts exactly

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol::lol:

Clutching at straws a bit there like. Condemning that day doesn't make you an IRA sypathiser. It's common sense.

Common sense is admitting who two of the main instigators that day were, people who sat on the IRA army council and then made lucrative careers funded from the public purse.

I liked them from Boy to The Unforgettable Fire. The Joshua Tree’s singles were good, but the rest was mainly filler, IMO. It also was the point where they became a bit too Americanised for my liking, losing their classic identity. They got away with the change of style on TUF because it was a powerful, melodic album with amazing production.

Rattle And Hum pretty much ended my interest in them, though Achtung Baby had some very decent tracks, surrounded by their usual post - TUF filler. HTDAAB had its moments, glimmers of their earlier work, but it was seriously patchy.

A special mention of their Live Aid performance. They stole the entire show, IMO. Bad never sounded so good, and I wonder what happened to that girl?:cool:

IRA sympathisers... :lol:

‘There’s been a lot of talk about this next song. Maybe too much talk. This is not a rebel song, this is Sunday Bloody Sunday!’

Pretty clear there!

‘But I won’t heed the battle call, it puts my back up, puts my back up against the wall...’

Again, Bono is saying despite the atrocity, he won’t be drawn into endorsing violent response. SBS was a seriously misunderstood song.

U2 were diametrically opposed to violence in NI from both sides, IMO. I’d be gobsmacked if they were connected to terrorism.

Last edited:
The last two albums have some great songs on them and come as a pair(possibly 2 of 3 if rumour is to be believed) then it looks as though they will call it a day.

Saw them live at their 360 tour in 2009 at the Don Valley stadium. It was the best live gig I've ever been to. Only complaint was it had a wierd interlude to campaign for the release of Aung Sun Suu Kyi, like anyone in that stadium gave a fuck about that. Worked out canny in retrospect too iirc :rolleyes:

Used to like them in the 80s and 90s up until achtung baby , then they went utter shite

They were so full of themselves , they put a free album on iTunes - I couldn’t delete it quick enough

Would’ve loved to see that Joshua tree 30 years tour last year tho , the aviva stadium gig in Dublin is on YouTube and they were prettt good tbh

Just had a look at tickets as I’m in London next week.
How the holy fuck can they get away with charging £190 a ticket ??

Used to love them 20 odd years ago. Genuinely couldn't tell you what they'd done after "Beautiful Day" And "Kill Me, Kiss me, end famine by texting..."

Back