TV Techy expert types..

A bit O/T but...

I have a 49" LG 3D telly on my wall at home. Work had the contract with Sky for those selling cube things in shopping centres like the metro centre. They cut back and removed several dozen from around the country. We scrapped most of the cubes but ended up with loads of tellies so the bosses decided to sell them off for charity.

I bought one for the princely sum of a tenner thinking well if it's crap my 37" technika will be good for another couple of years.

It's massive compared to my old one and the picture is superb. Bar a couple of small scuffs, not on the screen, that you can barely see it's great. It's easily biggest bargain I've ever purchased :)

£3K seems a bit rich for me!

49inch 3d ones then are better than most current 49inch sets now, other than sonys

A lot of ranges been dropped to try and force people to go for 55inch top spec tvs

Go into any tv shop and compare lg ,samsung 7 or 6 series to ones from a few years ago, when on normal or hd channel, pictures are so dark.

Sony are the only ones who do decent 32, 40s now

Last edited:
ps5 and next xbox, out next year will have 8k , whats that gonna cost me, 2 grand for tv + 1 console
There will be very very few games at 8k like.

The op should get on avforums and checkout hdtvtest on YouTube do a bit research before dropping that amounts.

Last edited:
sony allready has a racing one and I don't think MS will want to muck up on this console.

I'm not diving in head 1st this time and buying both, probably get a 8k pc and download games for nowt.
Top end gfx cards out now would struggle with games at 8k there’s little chance the next consoles would be able to run much but very very basic level games at 8k.

10 yesrs for a gimmicky tv. Old fashioned in a years time, that’s the way it is. 30 years ago you used the same tele until it was knackered, now, digital equipment is out of date by the time it reaches you.

Top end gfx cards out now would struggle with games at 8k there’s little chance the next consoles would be able to run much but very very basic level games at 8k.

year & a half before we see if these 8k 120fps specs dropped to 60 fps :D

forgot about the filesize for 8k stuff

9 gig for 3 minutes :D:D:D

Last edited:

Back