TV shows that started of great and then went crap?

Game of thrones peaked at the red wedding and was mostly poor afterwards except for a few episodes, the ending was a complete and utter shambles especially the way they killed off the night king.

Agree with this. The first two seasons are absolutely brilliant with the end of season two being one of my favourite episodes across all TV ever. The third season was pretentious nonsense, didn’t even finish it.
That’s my exact same thoughts, I got to episode 3 or something in the 3rd season and sacked it off

Clarkson-era Top Gear

Brilliant from 03-07(ish) It was clearly scripted but was funny and you would learn something in each episode. Then it turned into them accidentally setting people on fire and all that shite.

Trailer Park Boys
Still Game
Homeland
House of Cards probably had the sharpest decline. Didn’t bother with the last series as the one before was dire.

Homeland started well, dipped badly and then recovered IMHO

Sons of Anarchy again started well but hit the bottom in season 3. Season 4 onwards was fantastic and the finale was superb.

GOT - Last season was just plain awful

Boardwalk Empire - All fine until season 4

24 - Just kept going downhill after a good start.

Designated Survivor should have been a movie not a series, after the original premise, it turned into the West Wing wannabe.

Nashville - Enjoyed it until they killed Rayna, then you realised that she held the whole thing together.

BUT for a definitive answer, the winner is ..... The Curse of Oak Island.
After 7 seasons ans 112 episode, they have found f*** all.

Shameless
Trailer Park Boys

Early series and film were amazing I cant help myself though even watched the animated ones.

Must have seen the whole lot and films over 10x over.

1-6 100% the best though!

Microphone assassin one of my fav episodes.

It could happen to you cause it happened to me...

And T :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer Park Boys
Still Game
Homeland
House of Cards probably had the sharpest decline. Didn’t bother with the last series as the one before was dire.
I was just about to post about House Of Cards when a show is about scheming to get to the top, when someone becomes President there is nowhere to go. The last series with Claire in charge and no Spacey was always going to be a struggle. Rather than a problem of the week, it turned into this strung out thing where a powerful family wanted her to sign a bill that didn’t seem hugely important anyway. Most of the main cast had been dropped and new people brought in with no character development. It left a feeling of not caring about the story or characters. I think I made it through 4 episodes and stopped.

Survivors, both the original and the more recent remake. I love the concept, disease wipes out most people, how do the rest find each other and survive. But as a TV show it is always going to descend into them becoming farmers, which then gets dull. The remake tried to add a conspiracy angle but failed to hit the mark.

- Frasier (I love the first 5 series (that's 120 episodes), and there are some gems in series 6 onwards (like "The Doctor is Out" in series 11, and "The Show Must Go Off" in series 8), but the quality drops horribly. And the ending wasn't great.)
- Harry Hill's TV Burp went from unmissable to unwatchable.
- Sacha Baron Cohen (I know he's not a TV show, but he peaked at the Borat film, which is fair enough)

Back