TV shows that started of great and then went crap?

only fools and red dwarf have been mentioned and they were the first two that popped into my head, the last few series of both were awful. Blackadder should have continued If only to stop Rowan Atkinson doing mr bean, that went to rat shit after the first 30 seconds...

Boardwalk Empire was tedious by the end of the final season

I waited til years after it had finished on TV to watch it, it was excellent for the first 2 seasons, ok for the next season after, then dragged for the final season, but thank god it finished when it did, just because had it gone on any longer then it would have definitely jumped the shark and done something daft, like Nucky gets kidnapped by aliens for example...

I tend to watch the first series of most things that I think are good and then by part way through the second series generally they have written in some nonsense that makes me stop watching in order to to preserve in my memory how good series 1 was. I think more TV shows should only have 1/2 series but I get when shows are a hit writers and producers are paid a shed load of money to keep them going.

Back