Turning 50

Had me 50th 2 weeks ago and people ask me if I feel old. Personally don't feel any different than I did at 30 apart from my gym stats being not being the same level. How did you lot feel when you turned 50. Only asking as some knacker is worried about feeling old at 30
I'm 53 and my gym stats haven't changed since I was 30, I still haven't been.

I turn 50 at Xmas ,
Still play over 40s football, work out etc, in the best shape I've been in since I was in me 20s ,
It's scary when you actually think of your age and most of your life is behind you buy so fk !
Stop thinking about it 😁

Some great advice on this thread.

After 50 your'e not over the hill unless you want to be. It's more of a mentallity than anything else.

Live your life the way you want to, it's yours to live no one elses as long as you don't interfere with anyone elses life.

Cant remember my 50th, or 60th for that matter.

I'm 74 on St George's day. Will I feel any different. No. Its just another day.

I will however just feel a little bit more less inclined to interact with people, I prefer animals. They can be trusted more than people.

I’m like that now tbf and I’m only 35. People for the most part are a pain in the arse.

sort out nutrition and exercise (swimming is ideal for anyone with problems with knees etc) would be the two main things I’d advise. Also, make sure you do loads of interesting and fun stuff.
Learn some musical instrument for building new motor skills to keep your brain working. I’m early 60s and can see people falling apart because they didn’t look after themselves.
Life is good if you take even a small amount of responsibility and do a little graft.

Back