Turning 50

It is just a number.
You are going to get slower, it's natural.

Accept who you are, ignore and negativity, enjoy life and relax.

Best bit of advice, keep fit. Swim, run, walk anything that can raise your heart rate 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes.

I'm 57, played two games of football this morning, scored two in each game from midfield. I did a 5k run yesterday in 24:07, I'm playing another game tomorrow. I've got arthritis and know I have to keep moving.

Enjoy life.
Very true I 56 and possibly the fittest I been, not bad considering I done 6 years in the Army😂 as a young buck.
got a great routine of walking, swimming and gym work.
Poorer eye sight the worst of the lot.
If I forget my glasses it’s bad news.😟
I had pretty much perfect vision until I hit 54,
glasses are so hard to get used too, the amount I have sat on, lost even dropped in a river is unbelievable starting buying the Proclaimer style from B&M £1:99 👍

Very true I 56 and possibly the fittest I been, not bad considering I done 6 years in the Army😂 as a young buck.

glasses are so hard to get used too, the amount I have sat on, lost even dropped in a river is unbelievable starting buying the Proclaimer style from B&M £1:99 👍

I have a few £1.99 specials in my fishing bags - not a chance without them.
Same here mid 50’s they went down hill fast. My lads give me stick mind.

Had me 50th 2 weeks ago and people ask me if I feel old. Personally don't feel any different than I did at 30 apart from my gym stats being not being the same level. How did you lot feel when you turned 50. Only asking as some knacker is worried about feeling old at 30
I was 66 last week
No idea how that happened

I have a few £1.99 specials in my fishing bags - not a chance without them.
Same here mid 50’s they went down hill fast. My lads give me stick mind.

Try nooz readers, they are a bit pricey but great for restaurants and the like, small flat and tuck away in your pocket easily.

Always thought I was lucky in that a lifetime of physical graft on the tools has kept me quite fit and healthy. Also, active hobbies kept me going. I would say my 30s and 40s I was the fittest I've ever been.
Last 4 or 5 years I've stepped further away from that and I'm really feeling it now. I'm 58 this year.
Aches, pains, tight muscles and tendons. Not half the strength I used to have. When the grandsons are round it takes me an age to get up off the floor when playing
Not really complaining like, I do need to train again and maybe adjust for how the knackered body is these days.

Always thought I was lucky in that a lifetime of physical graft on the tools has kept me quite fit and healthy. Also, active hobbies kept me going. I would say my 30s and 40s I was the fittest I've ever been.
Last 4 or 5 years I've stepped further away from that and I'm really feeling it now. I'm 58 this year.
Aches, pains, tight muscles and tendons. Not half the strength I used to have. When the grandsons are round it takes me an age to get up off the floor when playing
Not really complaining like, I do need to train again and maybe adjust for how the knackered body is these days.
At 65 I’ m luckily physically fit for my age and not carrying any timber.

Problem is my brain still thinks I’m 21 so I overdo the cycling and hiking ……. and pay a heavy price the following day , well weeks , actually.

The old saying “ listen to your body “ is really relevant with age - it doesn’t like overdoing stuff so I’ve moderated a bit- still active but just sensible I guess.

Yeah 😂😂
I would like to say I’ve embraced these changes but quite frankly I refuse. I was fit as owt when i was 40 and it all went downhill at a very rapid rate at 50. Woe is flipping me. Pah!

😂
I'm sure you are fine. At least when the memory loss get worse you won't remember you were once a fine slip of a girl!

My Dad turned 80 around the same time my older brother turned 50. He had no problems turning 80 but he was totally freaked about having a 50 year old son! 🤣

At 65 I’ m luckily physically fit for my age and not carrying any timber.

Problem is my brain still thinks I’m 21 so I overdo the cycling and hiking ……. and pay a heavy price the following day , well weeks , actually.

The old saying “ listen to your body “ is really relevant with age - it doesn’t like overdoing stuff so I’ve moderated a bit- still active but just sensible I guess.
My brain too. I try to do stuff at the same pace and weight etc that I used to. Even daft shite like cutting the grass or going for a walk, stuff like that, I try to blast along like I used to and then feel knackered the next day. Must adjust.

My brain too. I try to do stuff at the same pace and weight etc that I used to. Even daft shite like cutting the grass or going for a walk, stuff like that, I try to blast along like I used to and then feel knackered the next day. Must adjust.
That’s me as well pal - I want to stay active but one day I ll do some serious damage that will stop me doing just that.

Moderation is the key I reckon.

Back