Turning 50

Was fine at 50. Probably in better shape than I had been at 30 with the unwholesome lifestyle of late teens and 20s.

Was fine at 55. 7 years later and flucked after 2 bouts of cancer and other complications. At least it stops you getting overly attached to life.
That life lottery can be very cruel. Hope you have plenty of time left. That’s why people need to count their blessings. I have enough money now and don’t need anything material but my health is the biggest asset I have. Funny how priorities change.
Still have plenty of boozy nights out but do things right in between.

And all you new over50ers, prepare yourself. Prostate problems far more likely now.

Just hope your Dr. has trimmed his/her finger nails.

Take the positives where and when you can. You are that bit closer to free prescriptions, if you last that long.

Less hair to comb/brush.

Less teeth to brush, savings on toothpaste can be saved for that Stanna chairlift on the horizon.

I’ve invested in a very smart nasal hair remover thingy - it’s very good.

Initially I tried snipping with the wife’s nail scissors but I cut that soft tissue and thought I was bleeding to death.
A few months ago, I was staying in a hotel that had one of those illuminated shaving mirrors that magnifies everything far more than is necessary. While shaving I noticed a large hair protruding from the top of one of my ears. As I had my razor in my hand, it seemed the obvious way to remove the hair. I reckon I lost at least a pint of blood! (60 next week)

You’ve probably lived longer that you have lived.
For me, it’s the aches and lack of mobility. Has anyone in their 50 tried getting off the floor without using furniture ?

This for me. Don’t mentally feel any older than when I was in my 40’s but noticing the aches much more than I did before.

Back