Turning 30

I was joking but I got my will written for the first time last week and some of the pitfall that happen to people who die without having a will is astonishing.
Aye scary thought leaving family behind to try and sort it all out if nowt is written down. Especially if you've got bairns.
Nothing changes when you turn 30. The only obvious change in my life was when I got a full time job for the first time. It’s all down hill from there.
I've always grafted or done a combination of studying full time + a 25/30 hour a week job and I agree

Would retire tomorrow if I could

Last edited:
Have to say turning 30 is the only birthday I've struggled with. Not sure why, perhaps I felt like I needed to grow up instead of being carefree but in reality nothing changes due to an arbitrary day.
Never struggled with 40 or 50 and losing a cousin and close friend in their 30s and early 40s made me realise aging is a privilege.

Nothing changes when you turn 30. The only obvious change in my life was when I got a full time job for the first time. It’s all down hill from there.
I agree with you in sentiment, but I turned 30 on the Thursday, got an offer accepted on my first house on the Friday, got married on the Saturday and knocked her up on Sunday afternoon, so for some people everything does change. :eek:

Morning SMB,

I turn 30 soon and keep getting asked if I feel old. Do you feel like age 30 was a major turning point in your life? What do you miss about your 20s? Any advice for "getting old?"
You'll be fine till youre about 38; then you'll start to notice.
30s were no different to 20s for me , all graft and bairns

Last edited:
Yep. Early 30s is much of a muchness with your late 20s for me.

That turning point was where I started preferring a daytime drinking session to being out late.
I've been like that since I was 18 tbf. I put it down to football, always out every Saturday without fail at midday, stay out after the game until you're finished.

Back