Turning 30

InsomniacAttack

Central Defender
Morning SMB,

I turn 30 soon and keep getting asked if I feel old. Do you feel like age 30 was a major turning point in your life? What do you miss about your 20s? Any advice for "getting old?"

Morning SMB,

I turn 30 soon and keep getting asked if I feel old. Do you feel like age 30 was a major turning point in your life? What do you miss about your 20s? Any advice for "getting old?"
I was just thinking about my 30’s earlier and to me personally I can’t remember much about that decade at all.

Your still very very young mind at 30 and still wet behind the ears in some ways , don’t think it at the minute but you’ll laugh at yourself in years to come.

30 is fuck all man, you’ll still be in your prime, wait till you get to 45 staying in is better than going out, sometimes the highlight of the day is going to bed to watch the telly 😂
I love an early night me Scotty - I feel much older than my years a lot of the time to be honest (not trying to say I'm a wise old sage or owt)

It’s just an arbitrary number in the grand scheme of things. I wouldn’t worry about it. You might feel a psychological change due to societal expectations, but physiologically nothing will change the second your clock strikes 30.

I was just thinking about my 30’s earlier and to me personally I can’t remember much about that decade at all.

Your still very very young mind at 30 and still wet behind the ears in some ways , don’t think it at the minute but you’ll laugh at yourself in years to come.
I imagine it involved just a lot of hard, manly graft gilly? 😉

Morning SMB,

i've got t shirts nearly as old as you man :D

you 30's are a bit meh tbh. gone are the youthful enthusiasm of the 20's and the 40's aren't too far away.

Last edited:
Morning SMB,

I had more of a ‘mid life’ crisis when I was 25, I hadn’t seemed to have achieved much after a quarter of a century.

By the age of 30 I had a house and a child so I was too busy to be reflective.

I wouldn’t give advice to anyone but if I could be 30 again I’d do a few things differently. The list could be endless, and part of life is to make mistakes.

Set up a long term investment plan/pension

Make a wise choice re: partner, go for shared values as well as sexual chemistry, ideally both.

Choose friends well, discard those who aren’t really friends.

Stay fit and stretch regularly.

Back