Tudor watches

When I was a kid 3K was an incredible sum,unattainable for me,now it’s not that big of a deal,get it into perspective it’s not even a decent family holiday to be honest.

Probably,but nowadays even 10k isn’t such a big deal,I have spent maybe 120k on my youngest sons education.

Yeah mate I think you might be in an earnings bracket considerably above 99% of the rest of the board if £10k isn’t a big deal and you’re dropping at least that per year on private education.

What’s your salary? £80k? £90k? £100k+?

Why assume that if someone has an expensive watch (or car or house or clothes or whatever) that they have more money than sense? Just because they e made a different choice as to how they spend their wedge than you did?

If you’ve remortgaged your house and cashed out your kid’s college fund just to finance some wrist-bling, sure that’s insane.

But if you worked hard to build a career and are now making a decent wedge with disposable income beyond daily bills, savings for the future etc, what are you supposed to do? Wear sweat pants, a Casio watch, and live like Winston Smith, or indulge some of your interests with your acquired wealth?

You can apply the ‘what’s the point of spending X on Y’ attitude to almost anything. There’s almost always a cheaper alternative to what you spend your dough on. Spending a lot of money on an expensive watch is on the face of it a bit silly but you can say that about almost anything once you’ve satisfied the basics of Maslov’s hierarchy of needs.
Maslow wasn't it?

Yeah mate I think you might be in an earnings bracket considerably above 99% of the rest of the board if £10k isn’t a big deal and you’re dropping at least that per year on private education.

What’s your salary? £80k? £90k? £100k+?
I saved,I had some lucky breaks,I worked hard,the cash I spent on the kid is uni fees,but it’s all relative,some people spunk cash like it’s going out of fashion,some save for rainy days and squirrel away every spare penny.

Mortgage/house deposit

Car/train season ticket

Billy bear meat.

The essentials, really.

I honestly don’t know anyone who would justify spending more than a month’s earnings (£3k take home is a pre tax salary about £48k) on an item of jewellery.

Each to their own mind, I just can’t understand it myself.

He already has a mortgage and he lives in London so no need for a car. So 3k worth of mechanically recovered meat is the only option really.

Edit: is this your way of telling us you’re on 48 grand?

Last edited:
He already has a mortgage and he lives in London so no need for a car. So 3k worth of mechanically recovered meat is the only option really.

I could be wrong like but trains aren’t free and you have to pay a mortgage each month.

We aren’t talking about LM specifically though.

Other than that, enough processed meat for a whole year seems the way forward.

Think Tudor have made some decent strides last few year at becoming desirable again. They are now moving to in house movements now as well.

For those mentioning the Rolex ‘kermit’ there is a special edition Harrods Black bay that is currently selling above retail price on the grey market and is a similar colour.

Unfortunately, I can’t get over the snowflake hour hands on the black bays.

As a side note, spotted a pretty decent deal for anyone looking for the grey heritage chronograph.

Tudor Heritage Chrono 42mm Watch Black Dial M70330N-0002 | Burrells

There won’t be many people on here who £3k is pocket change to mind.

For the majority of posters (outside of London) on here, it’ll be more than their monthly take home.

I reckon the majority of people would also say that spending what they earn in a month on an item of jewellery would be “more money than sense”

Though yes, I do agree with @Tex

I've bought several.

The two that have subsequently been sold, I lost no money on. I wouldn't really consider it madness, unless of course you can't afford it in the first place and fuck yourself over trying to purchase.

Hey if @LondonMackem can afford a house in London and £3k on a watch, all power to him mate, as he’s clearly very successful and should enjoy it.

I still think it’s crackers mind. A friend of a friend just spent £4k on a coffee machine.

Also crackers.

Can you sell the coffee machine on second hand for the same as what you paid for it new? Didn’t think so.

Edit: Rolex I mean, not Tudor.

Last edited:
Hey if @LondonMackem can afford a house in London and £3k on a watch, all power to him mate, as he’s clearly very successful and should enjoy it.

I still think it’s crackers mind. A friend of a friend just spent £4k on a coffee machine.

Also crackers.
A coffee machine? f***ing hell, mine was under £100 and I thought I was being ripped off.

Can you sell the coffee machine on second hand for the same as what you paid for it new? Didn’t think so.

Edit: Rolex I mean, not Tudor.

Regardless of the resale value I still consider it crackers mate. Others don’t, that’s fine. I’m not telling him not to buy it, it’s his choice!
A coffee machine? f***ing hell, mine was under £100 and I thought I was being ripped off.

Yep. Some very fancy machine for proper coffee nerds.

I have a £6 cafetière from Morrisons

Back