Tudor watches

I’m looking at watches to see what I can spunk some of my pension lumper on in a few years. I’m not a fan of Rolex apart from the explorer 2 and actually prefer the omega seamaster for half the price. I’ll see how I feel when I get there, I might spend 6 pund on a new Casio and 6 grand on coke and whores....

Bought an Explorer II just over 3 years ago to replace a seamaster as it happens.....no competition and the seamaster hasn’t been out the box since.

Noticed that they are £1500 more today than they were 3 years back....maybe look at pre-owned?

I walked into my local AD in May 2018 after popping in four months in a row asking to be put on the list for the Hulk, eventually they relented but I had to put down a £1000 deposit. At the time I hadn't bought anything from them though I did get another watch serviced through them and I got the call 3 weeks ago and picked it up.

So just over a one year wait which was less than I expected, whilst waiting I did buy a Tudor Pelagos LHD (or rather my wife bought it as a present) and tbh I really like it and don't feel it is a step down from my other watches in regard to quality or looks. There's a lot of snobbery around watches at the minute especially in the current bubble with people speculating on increases. My advice is find a watch you like, try on if possible, buy, then wear and enjoy and don't let others opinions influence you.

Good post.
I have a smurf blue sub and was tempted to get the blue Tudor Pelagius. It’s a great looking watch in a magazine, with the three D effect of the layered dial, but in person the titanium is very matt, and the blue didn’t pop anyway near I was expecting it to like my sub so I passed.

There’s a new seamaster out, (with the date at 6 o clock) which will probably be worn in the next Bond flick that looks good. I tried one one but next to it in the shop was a Deep Black edition of the seamaster but with a GMT function too. If they combine the current grey face seamaster with a discreet GMT track on the rehaut like they’ve done with that Deep Black then I’ll be in for one of them!

Rolex will laugh in the face of anybody walking in off the street asking for hulk and batmans. Like you say, it's not happening. Think second hands are around 13k at the moment.
From what I’ve seen Hulk is around 10-11k and Batman around 12k. Mental money given the original price.

As if a new Swiss watch will keep its price :lol:

Just so people know just because you pay £5k for a new Swiss watch it doesn’t mean it will keep its price. And rarely does.
Gets mentioned on every watch thread.
Just like most old vinyls are worth nowt, and like vinyl records they need to be rare. And as more and more people buy £5k watches they are becoming less rare.
Buy a second hand one for 5k and you stand a slim chance of getting your money back.
Don’t shoot the messenger.

It’s a canny bit of kit and Tudor are trying hard to shake off the ‘poor man’s Rolex’ image with variations in their design styles.

Unfortunately judging by the above comments it’s not working!!:)

I once bought an epiphone ES 335 in cherry red. Absolute bargain for about $300 IIRC but I didn’t have it long and soon saved up for the Gibson it was based on. Make of that what you will.

(I’ve had me name down on the waiting list for the new Rolex GMT Pepsi for over a year. Surely it can’t be much longer now?)

Some of us only waited 3 months ;)

What’s everyone’s thoughts on them? Beautiful timepieces or Rolex’s inferior little brother?

Thinking about ordering a Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi. I’d love the Rolex Pepsi but could never afford the inflated and quite frankly ridiculous market price.

Here’s a pic if anyone’s interested. Retail at £2830.

Logon or register to see this image
Buy an orient mako 2 automatic for £100 looks just like that.

Or save up and buy a roller.

Just so people know just because you pay £5k for a new Swiss watch it doesn’t mean it will keep its price. And rarely does.
Just like most old vinyls are worth nowt, and like vinyl records they need to be rare. And as more and more people buy £5k watches they are becoming less rare.
Buy a second hand one for 5k and you stand a slim chance of getting your money back.

If it's from a waiting list, chances are it goes up instantly once you have it.

A lot do. And a lot increase a great deal in price.

A lot do. And a lot increase a great deal in price.
Name any £5k watch that you can buy brand new at the minute and show me the same second hand one that costs more. They do sell on the secondary market for above retail but your talking limited edition £30/40k watches mate. Also as the saying goes that was so last year. This year the bubble as burst so to speak.
Mind I’m not saying don’t buy one, I love my watches just don’t expect to buy a sea master or similar for £4500 m/£5000 and expect it to be worth £6000 the next day.

Name any £5k watch that you can buy brand new at the minute and show me the same second hand one that costs more. They do sell on the secondary market for above retail but your talking limited edition £30/40k watches mate. Also as the saying goes that was so last year. This year the bubble as burst so to speak.
Mind I’m not saying don’t buy one, I love my watches just don’t expect to buy a sea master or similar for £4500 m/£5000 and expect it to be worth £6000 the next day.

Buy Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLNR | Watchmaster.com

List price £7150 .

Now what were you saying again ...

I've found not wearing a watch to be beneficial on many points.
1. You don't have to worry about whose watch is better or more expensive.
2. You can do a lot with the money you were potentially going to spend to enhance your street cred or stance among peers.
3.You never have the worry of scratching it.
4. You are never a target for some low life who's willing to crack open your skull in order to take it to sell for drugs or whatever.
5. You never have to worry about it falling off your wrist at any point.

Naturally that's just my opinion. I simply feel much better not wearing a watch or jewelry of any kind. But that's just me.

Buy Rolex GMT Master II 126710 BLNR | Watchmaster.com

List price £7150 .

Now what were you saying again ...
Ok mate one it’s not £5k which is the bench mark. And two try and buy one at £7150 I will have 2 please.
That’s the whole point. Watches are a fashion item so the secondary market buy them all up and sell them as mint secondhand watches.
So you really think goldsmiths will sell these at £7k if they bringing twice that.
It’s no different to ticket sites buying all of Ed sheerans tickets for £30 and selling them for £150.
The secondary market. Last year it was the Daytona. This year a Patek not sure which one and obviously this one.

Ok mate one it’s not £5k which is the bench mark. And two try and buy one at £7150 I will have 2 please.
That’s the whole point. Watches are a fashion item so the secondary market buy them all up and sell them as mint secondhand watches.
So you really think goldsmiths will sell these at £7k if they bringing twice that.
It’s no different to ticket sites buying all of Ed sheerans tickets for £30 and selling them for £150.
The secondary market. Last year it was the Daytona. This year a Patek not sure which one and obviously this one.

The price point is splitting hairs , £5k or £7k the principle still applies , show me a watch that sells above list is what you asked , clearly this is one of many that does and it’s nowhere near the £30/£40k level you waffled on about.

The list or rrp is £7150 , the official Rolex dealer cannot sell above list price.

Yes , Northern Goldsmiths do sell at that price , I can prove that they do.

Name any price you want if you want to gamble I’m not telling you facts.

Three grand for a watch:eek::eek::eek: Is everyone on here minted or something?? Nice watches mind you but don`t think I could justify splashing the cash like that unless I was seriously loaded...….which I`m not:neutral:

You’d be surprised mate. I paid £4100 for my Omega Speedmaster last year, and sold it for £2k profit within the year. It was a limited edition and you’re right generally but there are a good few non Rolex models that hold or increase in value. Brands like Omega are also introducing regular steep price rises yearly too now and that artificially keeps the price of second hand models higher now.

Do people not find these type of watches to heavy/clunky/pain in the arse to wear?

I saved up for a nice limited edition IWC and ended up wearing me casio more.

It will not be 5k either.

5k what? Initial price or price increase?

You have to buy specific models really if you're looking for a little price increase over time.

From what I’ve seen Hulk is around 10-11k and Batman around 12k. Mental money given the original price.

Aye I think around 11.5 and 12.5 respectively. I seen one person selling three Hulk's for 34k :lol:.

Even the black and stainless GMTs have gone up a lot recently too. I prefer them to the Hulk & Batman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back