Trustpilot ratings mean nowt

You’ve only just worked this out? A couple of years ago I was buying a car from a car supermarket. The fella says to me, there’s two sets of keys but we can only find one pair at the moment. I said no problem. About half an hour later he comes over and says you need to fill in a trust pilot. I said I don’t use any of those sites, he says it’s easy to sign up, let me show you. I said I’m not interested. He said my job gets rated on a trust pilot rating of 5/5. I said I guess you’re fresh out of luck buddy. He was begging us. I said listen I just want to get the car and leave. He goes ok, comes straight back and says this is the second key to the car, the metal key was missing and the rubber buttons to lock and unlock the car looked like Freddy Kruger that tried to open the car after ten pints. I said that’s why you wanted me to fill out the trust pilot first wasn’t it? He just laughed and walked away. They don’t give a fuck.
I did not know this kind of thing went on, absolutely nuts like. The company that I have seen literally have people sitting everyday to challenge a very valid 1 star review, they fight and fight the reviews till people just give up and 1 star review disappears.

Trustpilot became seriously untrustworthy when they allowed the reviewed company to redirect positive reviews from their own website to Trustpilot's, to affect the Trustpilot rating.

Amazon reviews are always good. Give a book 5 stars because it was delivered on time. Or 5 stars because they bought it for their husband and he seemed pleased when she gave him it :lol:
Love the Q&A things on Amazon. If you've bought something you might get an email from Amazon with a question someone has asked. "Can you help?"

Then you get people thinking it's a direct question to them and the answers get published regardless.

Q: "Does this novelty Boris Johnson shaped stun gun come with the batteries included?"

A: "I don't know it was a present for my grandson".

Just don't answer man :lol:

The one independently owned and run restaurant at the cinema complex near us found that all the franchised sh*t holes were strong arming their staff into giving his place sh*t reviews.

He's closed now

My work is currently bribing employees with Amazon vouchers to leave positive Glassdoor reviews and the CEO is all ower the shop replying to negative ones and slagging off the workforce 😂

Prices have absolutely rocketed since lockdown, a small internet only sales company I deal with was quoted £ 900 this year from £200 last year. They eventually settled on about £ 600. Of course they are honest and impartial. I've been hounded by checkatrade this month. The more you pay the less impartial they become on your reviews.

Pretty sure companies ask their workers to send a TP link to customers they've helped, but only they're happy ones. If they're complainers don't bother.
Yeah financial advisor form I used to work for did that all the time. Staff were incentivised to hit review targets

Yeah financial advisor form I used to work for did that all the time. Staff were incentivised to hit review targets
Pretty sure companies ask their workers to send a TP link to customers they've helped, but only they're happy ones. If they're complainers don't bother.
Aye, I got asked to fill one in the other day. She was honest & said “I’m targeted on getting a certain amount of reviews”.

Aye, I got asked to fill one in the other day. She was honest & said “I’m targeted on getting a certain amount of reviews”.

I feel sorry for the people who have to peddle this shite on the frontline. Probably gets a load of shit off her boss if it's negative.

Amazon reviews are always good. Give a book 5 stars because it was delivered on time. Or 5 stars because they bought it for their husband and he seemed pleased when she gave him it :lol:
Works the other way too: I got a one star review on Amazon because someone else had just published a book which happened to have the same title as mine (which had been out for about two years), and the person ordered mine by mistake, so gave me an angry one star review for not being someone else. 😀

You just have to sort the wheat from the chaff with review sites. Apply a modicum if common sense and don't just look at the star rating. Actually see what people have wrote

Back