Trustpilot ratings mean nowt

I know a place that asks staff and friends to create numerous accounts on various social media/review sites so if they can’t have low score removed they can push up overall score and the bad review down the page.

Same with Tripadvisor. Its all rivals giving 1 star reviews. Or thickies giving 1 star reviews because they went somewhere without doing prior research and realising it wasnt what they want.
The 3 star reviews are usually what to look for. People who have positives and negatives to mention. Rarely are 3* reviews fakes.
Holiday resorts are the worst ones
it rained the whole time 1 star
There was a line up at the local shopping mall 1 star
there was a drunk guest 1 star
My favourite one from a hotel I did go to in the end (actually, twice), was a 3* review from someone who liked everything, but was flabbergasted that they only had 1 type of jam on the breakfast buffet.

Now, if this was Cornwall, that would be fair enough, although surely not enough to dock 2 stars. But this was a tiny island, in Cuba :lol:
Tbf he was bang on like
Marston's is a hell of a lot better than Green King though. Its a identikit food-pub, its fine. Nowt flash, but also not terrible.

Last edited:
That's the way like. I usually ignore the 1s and 5s.
Businesses and the people they can employ to promote and bolster their online presence are aware that one or five stars can often be perceived as biased and will write occasion mixed reviews to show balance.

Whey, ordered something a few weeks back, never came, got an email saying if it turned up back with them they'd email me

So they email me asking if I want a redelivery, aye go on then - ok pay another postage fee first. Say no thanks, I'll have a refund please. So they say that's not what they do

Leave a negative trustpilot review, they respond, ask for order number, say we'll deliver again for free but why not consider changing your 1 star to a 5 star?

What's the point in that?

See it is quite the opposite with Trustpilot, the big companies can harass and challenge 1 star reviews by consumers so much that they give up and leave it removed.
I wasn't harassed but Richer sounds were really keen to speak to me. I played dumb when the lad was apologising non stop .He was saying How can we put it right ?
I said it's done ,you can't
Thanks for apology but the rating was accurate
Then he just came out and said can you remove the review . I said no .
I once gave trustpilot a one star review on trustpilot

Its amsued me for a few minutes
Had they messed you about ?

I usually filter to 3 star reviews on websites. That’s where you find the rational people who write about what could have been better.

After seeing a few companies and the way they manipulate trustpilot, I will never ever use a trustpilot rating as a means of knowing if a company is good or not.
Used to work for a company that would use a positive NPS score as a trigger to send a customer an invite to leave a review on trustpilot - knowing it would only go to people who would leave positive reviews - and offer them an incentive to leave a review

While it’s totally above board, it’s certainly gaming the system

Holiday resorts are the worst ones

it rained the whole time 1 star

There was a line up at the local shopping mall 1 star

there was a drunk guest 1 star

I worked in a Supermarket that had a travel agent as a concession we often got calls for the travel agents we couldn’t put them through directly as totally different companies.

One woman called up and said she wouldn’t use our supermarket ever again? When asked why she said it was because the lady at the travel agency told her she’d get a good room and that the hotel wasn’t as described.

I offered her the number for the travel agents but she refused and said I just wanted to let you know I won’t be shopping with you ever again . 😝 😆

How do they harass them?
When someone gives them a 1 star review, they challenge it repeatedly with trustpilot, ask repeatedly for proof of documentation, challenge every wording and saying it is libelous etc. By that time the person leaving review is sick of all the challenges or has to not far go to court to leave a review of their personal experience.

Back