Trustpilot ratings mean nowt

When someone gives them a 1 star review, they challenge it repeatedly with trustpilot, ask repeatedly for proof of documentation, challenge every wording and saying it is libelous etc. By that time the person leaving review is sick of all the challenges or has to not far go to court to leave a review of their personal experience.
You could always just ignore them. I think I’ll try it

You could always just ignore them. I think I’ll try it
Ignore what?

Let's say you have a terrible experience with a plumbing company, a complete bunch of arseholes and poor service. You leave a 1 star and they keep denying everything you say and challenging it, trustpilot will keep removing your 1 star review. It becomes a game of tennis between reviewer and company, so if you just ignore it as a customer, then your very important review that could help others will end up deleted.

Ignore what?

Let's say you have a terrible experience with a plumbing company, a complete bunch of arseholes and poor service. You leave a 1 star and they keep denying everything you say and challenging it, trustpilot will keep removing your 1 star review. It becomes a game of tennis between reviewer and company, so if you just ignore it as a customer, then your very important review that could help others will end up deleted.
Well that’s just stupid

Used to work for a company that would use a positive NPS score as a trigger to send a customer an invite to leave a review on trustpilot - knowing it would only go to people who would leave positive reviews - and offer them an incentive to leave a review

While it’s totally above board, it’s certainly gaming the system

Ocado did that. When the lockdown first kicked off last year, they handled it really badly and ended up with loads of 1* reviews and their overall score was low. Looked again about a week later and they had loads of 5* reviews and their overall score was a lot higher. Turns out they sent out a discount voucher for a good review to selected customers.

I worked in a Supermarket that had a travel agent as a concession we often got calls for the travel agents we couldn’t put them through directly as totally different companies.

One woman called up and said she wouldn’t use our supermarket ever again? When asked why she said it was because the lady at the travel agency told her she’d get a good room and that the hotel wasn’t as described.

I offered her the number for the travel agents but she refused and said I just wanted to let you know I won’t be shopping with you ever again . 😝 😆
How mad must she have been to put that effort in.
If I ever think I never want to go somewhere again I just don’t go. I don’t ever feel the need to tell the world

Back