True Detective Season 3

Interesting with it referencing season 1 with the interviewer mentioning the cover ups in Louisiana

This is just going to fizzle out isn't it

I'm inclined to agree with this to an extent - but as someone has already indicated they are dragging it out for an additional series. It has been such a slow burner to suggest it.

I think they have basically seen the reaction to the first series compared to the second and thought if it wasn't broke then why fix it.

Can't see McConaughey and Harrelson coming back due to the fees they would command rather than anything else. What was the actual timeline mentioned in relation their previous involvement - if any?

Last edited:
When did this Hoyt corporation appear in the earlier episodes? Ep6 they visited that security guard Harris bloke, but I can't recall Hoyt getting a mention before.

It's been ok.
Not sure why they introduced a 4th time period into it with him dropping his daughter at college. That must be around 2000.

Loads to tie up in the final episode, although the last ones are always a bit longer IIRC.

When did this Hoyt corporation appear in the earlier episodes? Ep6 they visited that security guard Harris bloke, but I can't recall Hoyt getting a mention before.

It's been ok.
Not sure why they introduced a 4th time period into it with him dropping his daughter at college. That must be around 2000.

Loads to tie up in the final episode, although the last ones are always a bit longer IIRC.
The factory was in the first or second episode when they were looking into the mother's activities

It's been ok.

There's still something fishy about his wife, so there may be a twist involving her and/or his daughter. I reckon they found some dirt on one of them which means he couldn't take the investigation any further, but by 2015 his memories of this have gone.

I think it's been excellent bar a couple of draggy episodes earlier on. One of the blokes working on it says that the finale is very 'satisfying' and the best he has worked on. Supposedly very emotional but 'soars' at the end.

It's a funny one, as Wayne isn't a very likeable man but yet I still care about his character. Think there'll be a couple of big reveals, but it's obvious that his career suffered through his determination to see out the case when certain, powerful people just wanted it buried.

There's still something fishy about his wife, so there may be a twist involving her and/or his daughter. I reckon they found some dirt on one of them which means he couldn't take the investigation any further, but by 2015 his memories of this have gone.

The 'dirt' could be the fact that they shot dead the security guard in cold blood.

Back