True Detective Season 3

Still annoyed I didn't see what was in the pink room end of episode 6 :evil:

I'm inclined to agree with this to an extent - but as someone has already indicated they are dragging it out for an additional series. It has been such a slow burner to suggest it.

I think they have basically seen the reaction to the first series compared to the second and thought if it wasn't broke then why fix it.

Can't see McConaughey and Harrelson coming back due to the fees they would command rather than anything else. What was the actual timeline mentioned in relation their previous involvement - if any?

Don't mcConaughey & Harrelson executive produce on the series anyways? They did on the first 2 haven't checked the titles on this one.

There's still something fishy about his wife, so there may be a twist involving her and/or his daughter. I reckon they found some dirt on one of them which means he couldn't take the investigation any further, but by 2015 his memories of this have gone.

Yeah maybe. I mean why is the daughter in NYC & doesn't appear. Obviously something went down there that he's forgotten about.

Think episode 8 will be cracking but no way it could top the ending of episode 8 of the first series. That was some seriously good telly

Last edited by a moderator:

Still annoyed I didn't see what was in the pink room end of episode 6 :evil:

Don't mcConaughey & Harrelson executive produce on the series anyways? They did on the first 2 haven't checked the titles on this one.

Yeah maybe. I mean why is the daughter in NYC & doesn't appear. Obviously something went down there that he's forgotten about.

Think episode 8 will be cracking but no way it could top the ending of episode 8 of the first series. That was some seriously good telly

Not as far as I can see.

I think dorfs deed in the present and the present timeline whilst real in part is mostly in mumbles heed.

Too far fetched surely. I know he has been seeing apparitions in his house but I'm putting that down to his dementia and PTSD relating to his time in Vietnam. To basically imagine all the people and places he is travelling to would be pushing it too far.

Couldn't agree more. A 'dark' ending would have been too much, it was beautiful and uplifting and exactly as it should be. A fair few unanswered questions (on characters, more than anything) but it was excellent. Glad it didn't tie in to Season 1 in the end.
I'm really glad that West wasn't part of any perceived coverup. His bar/dog scene was one of the best of the whole series

I'm really glad that West wasn't part of any perceived coverup. His bar/dog scene was one of the best of the whole series

Tell you what mind, absolutely superb performance by Dorff. The dog scene could have been a bit schmalzy, but he played it so well - the bar scene was fantastic. The acting throughout was tremendous to be fair, from everyone.

Loved the shots where the timelines blended...old Hays glancing in a mirror at 80s/90s Hays, the car journey with rotating camera which captured all the timelines and some brilliant moments throughout the whole season.

Tell you what mind, absolutely superb performance by Dorff. The dog scene could have been a bit schmalzy, but he played it so well - the bar scene was fantastic. The acting throughout was tremendous to be fair, from everyone.

Loved the shots where the timelines blended...old Hays glancing in a mirror at 80s/90s Hays, the car journey with rotating camera which captured all the timelines and some brilliant moments throughout the whole season.
The car journey scene was class aye
Do you reckon Hays knew that he was talking to Julie at the end? I do

The car journey scene was class aye
Do you reckon Hays knew that he was talking to Julie at the end? I do

Yes. Think he realised that it wasn't going to help anyone 'discovering' her and manipulated the whole situation. Either that or genuinely forgot what he was doing, but definitely recognition when he was drinking the water.

Yes. Think he realised that it wasn't going to help anyone 'discovering' her and manipulated the whole situation. Either that or genuinely forgot what he was doing, but definitely recognition when he was drinking the water.
I think he forgot what he was doing when he got to the house but remembered when drinking the water.
Still not sure why the cousin (Dan?) Was killed mind

I watched it with subtitles as I always struggle with American accents. I thought the first series was great, read the reviews for the second and avoided it and took a chance on the third so I wouldn't read any spoilers. I just binged it, which I would recommend, and it was brilliant. The prosthetics on the black dude were brilliant, his stretchy neck skin was fantastic. The white dude just looked weird. Brilliant eight hours of TV though, gets two thumbs up from me.

Binged it last week. Pretty good. Obviously nowhere near as good as the 1st season.

My only fault with it was the main actors mumbling/accent. I missed a dozen lines because he's that hard to understand.

The ending was canny.

7/10. Season 1 being a 10/10 and season 2 a 4/10.

Finally gotten around to this.

4 episodes in and just clicked we have the new Blade and the baddy from the first Blade as the detectives. Canny so far.

Back