Trev, Burnham, Poynter

Just been announced that Scott Steel has just signed a new one year deal while Nathan Rimmington has signed a T20 only deal.

I’ve just been reading that this morning. On the Durham Digest email it states Steel has signed a 2 year deal. Click on the link to the Clubs website and it states 1 year. Wonder which one is correct?

I would like to think the 2 year deal and admit I was puzzled when I read on the Club website he'd only signed a one year.
Presumably then committed for 1 year with an option of a 2nd. If and when Steel gets established I suspect he'll be off to a big money club. Surprised he didn't get picked in the Hundred draft given last season's T20 performances.

I wonder which party decided on a 1 year deal. I can't remember previously a youngster on a development contract who broke into the first team who didn't get a 2 year deal. Steel did far more than that last season he became s key member of the one day side.

Interesting article in the Cricketer magazine. Apparently Durham offered Steven Croft (Lancashire) a 2 yr deal but he has chosen to stay at Lancs.
Not a bad cricketer, but, he is 35yrs old.

Interesting article in the Cricketer magazine. Apparently Durham offered Steven Croft (Lancashire) a 2 yr deal but he has chosen to stay at Lancs.
Not a bad cricketer, but, he is 35yrs old.
More worringly is the report that Notts are interested in signing Rushy. However, he is "expected to stay at Durham" .

Im sure people will get over it :lol:

Bancroft was accepted last year, I reckon he will be when this is announced

Christ we're not signing Alex Hales are we?:lol:...or getting Nicholas Soames in as an advisor?:eek:
Oh the suspense Brandon will be on tender hooks. You Hetton lads in the know.

Ex- DCCC returning to the fold maybe?....and I'm not talking about James Boiling!

Last edited:
Christ we're not signing Alex Hales are we?:lol:...or getting Nicholas Soames in as an advisor?:eek:

Ex- DCCC returning to the fold maybe?....and I'm not talking about James Boiling!

Oh the suspense Brandon will be on tender hooks. You Hetton lads in the know.

Should be able to work it out from ‘us Hetton lads in the know’ and what is quoted here ;)

Back