Trev, Burnham, Poynter

Thought Poynter was going to Ireland (hence why he didnt play towards end of the season)

Happy with Treb, Burnham still has a bit to prove for me. Poyner is a bit of a meh, wouldn't have bothered me either way TBH

Pleased with the news about Trevaskis and Burnham and just hope the latter -who strangely looked more at ease at the Riverside than the likes of Bancroft in the CC- can convert innings of 67,76 and 86 last season into tons in 2020.

I cant imagine that any of the 27 other folk who were down the Riverside last month watching the 2nds against Leics with Poynter fielding in the deep all game would have put any money on him being offered another contract.:eek:

Pleased with the news about Trevaskis and Burnham and just hope the latter -who strangely looked more at ease at the Riverside than the likes of Bancroft in the CC- can convert innings of 67,76 and 86 last season into tons in 2020.

I cant imagine that any of the 27 other folk who were down the Riverside last month watching the 2nds against Leics with Poynter fielding in the deep all game would have put any money on him being offered another contract.:eek:
I remember you making that comment about Poynter fielding in the deep and surprised he has been given a new deal.
Good news on the other two,Trevaskis is already an excellent one day slow bowler and if they are retaining Burnham which I think is the right move they needed to give him more than a one year deal.

Don’t understand resigning Poynter mind
I think we've only got two wickies including him. Unless there's someone in the academy but even so 3 wickies over the first team playing three formats, the 2nd's and the academy doesn't seem overkill. And he has been useful (in the season before last).

Poynter getting stick on here is shocking, he a whole hearted lad and good player . Pleased for Jack mind as i hope he turns it round full circle but how does everyone support Trev we he aint had a hundred in the club at any level i dont think and never seen him score one in league results either. Granted ok in short format as something different as a bowler but really???

Poynter is the keeper for T20 probably and now Richardson has left cover is needed if Ned is injured and Bancroft may not want to keep in 4 day games or T20 .

Poynter getting stick on here is shocking, he a whole hearted lad and good player . Pleased for Jack mind as i hope he turns it round full circle but how does everyone support Trev we he aint had a hundred in the club at any level i dont think and never seen him score one in league results either. Granted ok in short format as something different as a bowler but really???
I think you are being a bit harsh on Trevaskis for a 20 year old slow bowler to become a key bowler in one day cricket he is well worth a 2 year deal.
Yes his bowling in championship cricket has to improve as hopefully will his batting.
Looking at him and Scott Steel If they both improve it could be very interesting to see how things go in the next few years especially playing at the seamer friendly Riverside.

Poynter is the keeper for T20 probably and now Richardson has left cover is needed if Ned is injured and Bancroft may not want to keep in 4 day games or T20 .
Just looked up .....
Paine was wicketkeeper in the 17/118 Test series that Bancroft played in.
On the Western Australia wifi page they have #Bancroft down as an 'occasional wicketkeeper'. Given that I think I'd keep Poynter on.

I think you are being a bit harsh on Trevaskis for a 20 year old slow bowler to become a key bowler in one day cricket he is well worth a 2 year deal.
Yes his bowling in championship cricket has to improve as hopefully will his batting.
Looking at him and Scott Steel If they both improve it could be very interesting to see how things go in the next few years especially playing at the seamer friendly Riverside.

Behave yourself he is miles off as a batter !!

Agreed ok in 1 day and i mean ok but championship where its seamer friendly and not once looked like bowling a side out away from home.
I agree with that and mentioned it in my 1st post where he neds to improve. But as it stands now he had the most influential season of the 3 given new contracts.
Burnham still at times looks different gravy with his shot making but he has to start scoring hundreds or else he is going to join the list of so many young Durham batsmen who are in and out of the team and never actually make the grade.

Back