Tree down day

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s lost a few branches 😳
I don’t really care though as I don’t feel any love for it, I haven’t even named it! My last one was Clive but when I moved he was too big for the room. I love Clive. He’s in the loft too, lovingly encased in bubble wrap. 😂
Why didn’t you have a tree up for that long?
Clive the Christmas tree - I like it. 👍😊

Long & boring story - I'm on my own, and was unemployed for the previous 10 years (due to chronic physical illness) and I went from 12 stones to 8 stones, lost all my zest for life, and Christmas was just another day of pain and suffering, to me.
Anyway, I've finally now, made a full recovery, and am now in full time employment again, and am in a much much better place now, both physically & mentally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Long & boring story - I'm on my own, and was unemployed for the previous 10 years (due to chronic physical illness) and I went from 12 stones to 8 stones, lost all my zest for life, and Christmas was just another day of pain and suffering, to me.
Anyway, I've finally now, made a full recovery, and am now in full time employment again, and am in a much much better place now, both physically & mentally.
Ah man HC. I’m sorry you have had such a shit time and it’s not boring at all!
Your posts always make me smile and I’m made up for you that you’re in a much better place 🥰 xx

:lol: :lol:
God knows what sort of shape it'll be in, when you get it down, ready for next Christmas. 😊
Mines just a three foot, fibre optic jobbie, so it'll take no fussing with.
I hadn't had a tree up, for the previous 10 years, but I decided it's time I lived a little dangerously, and made an effort to put a tree up, back in November. 😂
Good for you mate. I went outside yesterday morning at about 930ish and took the outside lights down. I was out there an hour got absolutely drenched and frozen.
SWMBO started on the inside. I came in and joined her. By the time she hoovered up after putting everything away ( 4 trees) and got the owld ornaments back out and furniture moved around it was about 5ish.
A long day.

Ah man HC. I’m sorry you have had such a shit time and it’s not boring at all!
Your posts always make me smile and I’m made up for you that you’re in a much better place 🥰 xx

Thank you. 🙏 x

Good for you mate. I went outside yesterday morning at about 930ish and took the outside lights down. I was out there an hour got absolutely drenched and frozen.
SWMBO started on the inside. I came in and joined her. By the time she hoovered up after putting everything away ( 4 trees) and got the owld ornaments back out and furniture moved around it was about 5ish.
A long day.
Cheers Mr T 👍
Wow !!
Freddie four trees :eek:
No wonder it took so long to get everything tidied away. 😂
The weather has been awful in recent days.
My car died and had to be scrapped,,so I've been walking in to work at 5:30am each morning, and I was soaked right through this morning.
I bought a used car at the weekend, and pick it up on Friday, so no more walking to work for me. 👍

Cheers Mr T 👍
Wow !!
Freddie four trees :eek:
No wonder it took so long to get everything tidied away. 😂
The weather has been awful in recent days.
My car died and had to be scrapped,,so I've been walking in to work at 5:30am each morning, and I was soaked right through this morning.
I bought a used car at the weekend, and pick it up on Friday, so no more walking to work for me. 👍
She even puts a tree in the bedroom where the grandson stays ! Good Luck with the car, you’ll need one if the weather forecasts are right.

Glad to hear things are on the up mate - needed some good news at this time.

Keep on keeping on brother.

She even puts a tree in the bedroom where the grandson stays ! Good Luck with the car, you’ll need one if the weather forecasts are right.
Good for her, for getting right into the Christmas spirit. 👍👏👏👏
Cheers mate.
I had an old Corsa and it was a canny little runaround, but the engine finally packed in so I had the car scrapped.
I got a more modern sportier looking
Corsa from Tones, and pick it up on Friday.

Logon or register to see this image

A car for the more mature, boy racer, about town. 😂
Glad to hear things are on the up mate - needed some good news at this time.

Keep on keeping on brother.
Thanks very much PNE.
Much appreciated, mate. 🙏👍

Last edited by a moderator:

Well Done HC, Takes a bit of doing battling something for that length of time AND getting back to FT job.

A long day.

Took me two days to take my two trees down ( no outside lights, just a wreath on the door).
I've got hundreds of tree decorations most of which are glass and the ones that don't have boxes have to be individually wrapped and packed.
I don't trust my other half to help, he would just chuck them all in the boxes. I drive myself mad but it has to be done right. :D

Took mine down today, would have left it till tomorrow, just out of tradition, but it was a real one, and saw some lads on facebook offering to collect them for a fiver, messaged them and they said they could do it today, so down it came :). Saved me pissing about going to the skip tomorrow, filling the car with pine needles and still finding them in there in August!

Well Done HC, Takes a bit of doing battling something for that length of time AND getting back to FT job.
Thanks, a lot Heroes. 🙏
It took almost 12 years of pain & misery, but thankfully all's well again, with my health, my weight,, and my life, though there's always room for improvement, so if Helen Skelton, Abbie Dewhurst or Martine McCutcheon are reading this and want to ravage my body, and make a honest man of me, the spare door key, is under the bin. 😉 😂

Took me two days to take my two trees down ( no outside lights, just a wreath on the door).
I've got hundreds of tree decorations most of which are glass and the ones that don't have boxes have to be individually wrapped and packed.
I don't trust my other half to help, he would just chuck them all in the boxes. I drive myself mad but it has to be done right. :D
Omg that sounds like a friend of mine! She is exactly the same, everything wrapped and packed 😂

Thanks, a lot Heroes. 🙏
It took almost 12 years of pain & misery, but thankfully all's well again, with my health, my weight,, and my life, though there's always room for improvement, so if Helen Skelton, Abbie Dewhurst or Martine McCutcheon are reading this and want to ravage my body, and make a honest man of me, the spare door key, is under the bin. 😉 😂
If only @LadyMuck was still around marra:lol:;)

🤣
That's what us blokes are good at doing. 😉
Well done, on the packing away, of the fragile glass ornaments. 👍

Thanks, a lot Heroes. 🙏
You slut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back