Tree down day

Twelfth night is a Christian tradition. I think it marks the start of epiphany?

A lot of people have kept the Christmas tree thing going but aren't especially bothered by 12th night.

I personally like the decorations, down and away before the new year, they belong to the old year, and it's good to start the new year clean, fresh and tidy.
Nope.

They do for me.

I know in the olden days, the tree went up on Christmas eve and stayed up for the 12 days of Christmas.

I'm too busy to put it up Christmas eve so it tends to go up mid December and then down the weekend after Christmas.

With the decs down for NYE, I can feel positive about the new year; sitting there with last weeks decorations needing to be tidied and put away is a bit depressing. Each to their own though. I dont mind what you do.

They do for me.

I know in the olden days, the tree went up on Christmas eve and stayed up for the 12 days of Christmas.

I'm too busy to put it up Christmas eve so it tends to go up mid December and then down the weekend after Christmas.

With the decs down for NYE, I can feel positive about the new year; sitting there with last weeks decorations needing to be tidied and put away is a bit depressing. Each to their own though. I dont mind what you do.
Exactly as you say.
Each to their own.
There's no set rules, about the putting up & taking down, of Christmas trees.

They do for me.

I have to take mine down at the latest after Boxing Day, I just think it’s all over by then. I don’t like New Year’s Eve so I couldn’t even contemplate still having decorations up.

I have to take mine down at the latest after Boxing Day, I just think it’s all over by then. I don’t like New Year’s Eve so I couldn’t even contemplate still having decorations up.
I used to go to 6th January in the past, but it feels so much better to have them packed away, and the tree chopped up prior to NYE.

They do for me.

Fairs do's for you then.
As I mentioned back in post #8 - nobody seems to do tradition any more.
Shame really - as this tradition will get diluted and then eventually die out as people seem to have other agendas nowadays.

Fairs do's for you then.
As I mentioned back in post #8 - nobody seems to do tradition any more.
Shame really - as this tradition will get diluted and then eventually die out as people seem to have other agendas nowadays.
It is a religious tradition though and religion is changing ( as in more people following different religions, and probably less people following the Christian religion).

Christmas for many is now just a "holiday" from work, and is over often before the 6th January. Religion just doesn't play a part.

It is a religious tradition though and religion is changing ( as in more people following different religions, and probably less people following the Christian religion).

Christmas for many is now just a "holiday" from work, and is over often before the 6th January. Religion just doesn't play a part.
Aye, it's a shame

Do you still ride donkeys on the beach?
Cheeky fecker.
Christmas is a special time of the year, and along with Easter, the main festivals of our Christian culture here in the UK.
Diluting traditions for me is how things in our culture get lost over the years.
You still do the tree & decs etc don't you?
I bet you still like to receive & give presents on Christmas Day?
All still tradition.
Personally they shouldn't be chucked away like an old handrag.

My daughter bought me some from Amazon for Christmas. It’s lovely but paler and thinner than normal Baileys. Nice over ice!

I have some of the Salted Caramel too but that’s still unopened.
Cheers Sir Lance. 👍
I'll order a couple of bottles when I get home from work.

Back