Tree down day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ours came down this morning.

Slightly less depressing than usual given that xmas was pretty low key for us.

Don't understand people at all who take it down right after xmas day.

Last edited:
Ours came down today. Given the tree had spent the last 12 month threatening to burst out of a not fit for purpose bin bag in the spare room cupboard I packed it into separate bags and taped it all up. Gonna throw it into the loft like a bunch of dismembered body parts.

Ours came down today. Given the tree had spent the last 12 month threatening to burst out of a not fit for purpose bin bag in the spare room cupboard I packed it into separate bags and taped it all up. Gonna throw it into the loft like a bunch of dismembered body parts.
The missus wrapped ours in clingfilm this year. Worked a treat, and condensed it into a donner kebab legged shape that was easily launched into the loft. Only disadvantage is that she's probably burnt through about a tenners worth of the stuff

Do the council still come round with a wood chipper and dispose of real trees that get left out?

I remember them doing it a few year ago but I can't remember seeing them for ages. Maybe a victim of cutbacks.

There always one thing you forget that notice weeks later

Like the year we left a Garland over the mirror in the dining room and didn’t realise until about May. Just decided to leave it as it wasn’t causing any bother and we couldn’t be bothered getting the boxes down to put it away! You can see that we don’t often enter the dining room.

We took ours down at 9.30am on xmas day once the photos of the kids opening their presents were done.

Lasted longer than we did. We took ours down not long after Boxing Day. We only put ours up I think a week or two before.

Ours are put up and taken down in the time people have their decorations up.

Tomorrow? Arghh I couldn’t stand it! Mines in the loft, I squashed it through and just hoped for the best 😂
:lol: :lol:
God knows what sort of shape it'll be in, when you get it down, ready for next Christmas. 😊
Mines just a three foot, fibre optic jobbie, so it'll take no fussing with.
I hadn't had a tree up, for the previous 10 years, but I decided it's time I lived a little dangerously, and made an effort to put a tree up, back in November. 😂

:lol: :lol:
God knows what sort of shape it'll be in, when you get it down, ready for next Christmas. 😊
Mines just a three foot, fibre optic jobbie, so it'll take no fussing with.
I hadn't had a tree up, for the previous 10 years, but I decided it's time I lived a little dangerously, and made an effort to put a tree up, back in November. 😂
I think it’s lost a few branches 😳
I don’t really care though as I don’t feel any love for it, I haven’t even named it! My last one was Clive but when I moved he was too big for the room. I love Clive. He’s in the loft too, lovingly encased in bubble wrap. 😂
Why didn’t you have a tree up for that long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back