Transgender man pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing about gender is clear cut. Our binary thinking is very outdated. It's a fluid scale.

I think people should be able to act whatever way they wish but I am probably against the surgery aspect of it all. Life deals people some poor cards but you play with the deck you are given. IMHO.

I think people should be able to act whatever way they wish but I am probably against the surgery aspect of it all. Life deals people some poor cards but you play with the deck you are given. IMHO.

So people who are born with missing limbs or lose them should just get on with it?

Ridiculous brushing off something such life impacting as being born in the wrong sex body as "a poor deal" ffs

There may be such occasions where gay people feel it is somehow more acceptable to love the same gender from a different body. However, one study I read said that 45% of transgender individuals remained with the same partner they had before transition. For many male to female transitions, they remain attracted to women.

Oddly enough, I only know, to any degree, one transgender person. She is now in a relationship with another transgender woman who she met during her gender realignment classes, which kind of fits with your post. Both were, ostensibly, heterosexual before their ops (I think one of them is a dad) and both now are attracted to women (I've no idea whether they're specifically attracted to transgender women).

Oddly enough, I only know, to any degree, one transgender person. She is now in a relationship with another transgender woman who she met during her gender realignment classes, which kind of fits with your post. Both were, ostensibly, heterosexual before their ops (I think one of them is a dad) and both now are attracted to women (I've no idea whether they're specifically attracted to transgender women).

I know two. Both went from male to female. Both in heterosexual relationships.

So people who are born with missing limbs or lose them should just get on with it?

Ridiculous brushing off something such life impacting as being born in the wrong sex body as "a poor deal" ffs

Of course not. But I wouldn't give free cosmetic surgery to people who have big noses either.

So, between us (albeit with a limited sample size), we've shown that transgender doesn't equate to gay?

Well it's fairly obvious tbf.

Plenty of them apparently regret surgery afterwards. I reckon it's more likely to be a mental health issue as a "body recognition" issue.

Got any stats for this? They have to go through years of assessments, trials, living as the opposite sex for a minimum of twelve months before any approvals are given.

Most statistics, research, experience suggests what you've heard is bollocks.

Of course not. But I wouldn't give free cosmetic surgery to people who have big noses either.

Imagine making that comparison :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I think it is tragic that gay women (or men) are so unhappy in themselves that they feel the need to go through medical surgery. The fact that in this article, as in so many others, the person involved only realised that they were trans when they read about the term (so this was nothing to do with being a 'man trapped in a woman's body'), and was terrified of their family reaction to coming out, in what is far from the most progressive part of America.

Unfortunately, exponentially increasing numbers of gay people who cannot face up to their sexuality because of their environment are requesting surgery to their bodies, rather than being able to be themselves.

It's absolutely tragic.
Logon or register to see this image

Well it's fairly obvious tbf.

Got any stats for this? They have to go through years of assessments, trials, living as the opposite sex for a minimum of twelve months before any approvals are given.

Most statistics, research, experience suggests what you've heard is bollocks.

Imagine making that comparison :lol:

I have no stats for it, I read an article a while back about there being regrets among a lot of them. Dunno if it was UK based or not, so unsure whether the trials you speak of are relevant. My opinion is there is something wrong with their mind, not their body, if they can't accept how they are born.

I have no stats for it, I read an article a while back about there being regrets among a lot of them. Dunno if it was UK based or not, so unsure whether the trials you speak of are relevant. My opinion is there is something wrong with their mind, not their body, if they can't accept how they are born.

Or nothing at all is wrong with their mind and everything wrong with the body they are stuck in.

In the western world its a very lengthy and in depth process to get a sex change. So much so some have killed themselves over it through frustration and ultimately depression and desperation.

It's not the same as accepting you've got a big nose or small tits.

Last edited:
Gender is a fairly fluid concept and all to do with development in the womb.

The Guavedoce are a fascinating study in gender assignment. Born girls they literally turn into boys at 12.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci.../Dr-Michael-Mosely-growing-a-penis-at-12.html

Correct, it's all genetic, and depending on how heavily weight (or not) things are during development.

The likes of the Netherlands look at it on a fluidity scale not binary like the UK.

Over there you don't have to state your sex for a good few years either rather than pretty much at birth.

Last edited:
Or nothing at all is wrong with their mind and everything wrong with the body they are stuck in.

In the western world its a very lengthy and in depth process to get a sex change. So much so some have killed themselves over it through frustration and ultimately depression and desperation.

It's not the same as accepting you've got a big nose or small tits.

Plenty of mentally ill people kill themselves, or at least attempt it. It's quite common among them

Plenty of mentally ill people kill themselves, or at least attempt it. It's quite common among them

They do. But there is no link here. To state people born in the wrong body are just mentally ill is at best naive and at worst ignorant. You have already demonstrated a misunderstanding of it already though so I shall let you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back