Transgender man pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what his problem is, but I don't think offering out synth-pop duos will solve anything. Besides, Andy Bell would knack him.

If you think it all boils down to physcial make up then explain those born with both male and female genitalia. Which are they? Plenty of people are born in the wrong "vehicle".

Its a very complex thing and the amount of assessments and hurdles people have to go through and overcome is frightening. Its not just a case of putting a skirt on and walking into hospital asking to be changed into a female :lol:

If you think it all boils down to physcial make up then explain those born with both male and female genitalia. Which are they? Plenty of people are born in the wrong "vehicle".

Its a very complex thing and the amount of assessments and hurdles people have to go through and overcome is frightening. Its not just a case of putting a skirt on and walking into hospital asking to be changed into a female :lol:
I didn't say it 'all boils down to physical make-up'. I said that you can't change a man into a woman and vice-versa.

I didn't say it 'all boils down to physical make-up'. I said that you can't change a man into a woman and vice-versa.

Correct. Hence women born women are women, even if they have been born with a chomp. And thus go about getting a physical change to have a vehicle that represents them.

Where's the fetus going to gestate? Are you going to keep it in a box?

In his womb mate.

Personally I think it is tragic that gay women (or men) are so unhappy in themselves that they feel the need to go through medical surgery. The fact that in this article, as in so many others, the person involved only realised that they were trans when they read about the term (so this was nothing to do with being a 'man trapped in a woman's body'), and was terrified of their family reaction to coming out, in what is far from the most progressive part of America.

Unfortunately, exponentially increasing numbers of gay people who cannot face up to their sexuality because of their environment are requesting surgery to their bodies, rather than being able to be themselves.

It's absolutely tragic.

Personally I think it is tragic that gay women (or men) are so unhappy in themselves that they feel the need to go through medical surgery. The fact that in this article, as in so many others, the person involved only realised that they were trans when they read about the term (so this was nothing to do with being a 'man trapped in a woman's body'), and was terrified of their family reaction to coming out, in what is far from the most progressive part of America.

Unfortunately, exponentially increasing numbers of gay people who cannot face up to their sexuality because of their environment are requesting surgery to their bodies, rather than being able to be themselves.

It's absolutely tragic.

They're not gay.

You're confusing sexuality with gender.

It's absolutely tragic.

I don't think they regard themselves as gay.

They're not gay.

You're confusing sexuality with gender.

I'm confusing nothing. There are exponentially increasing number of people - so often, as in this case, from very conservative families and / or locations and / or backgrounds - who feel uncomfortable in themselves. At a much later stage in life, often very much later, they decide that surgery is the answer. Look at the words used in the article. The person involved doesn't say they felt like a boy when they were growing up.

“I didn’t have a language for ‘transgender’ and what that meant until I was in high school."
"As soon I learnt about the term as a late teen, I found myself intrigued and drawn to it."
"By the time I was 21, I knew I was trans."
"I was crushed by the overwhelming terror of coming out. I was scared to talk to my family about it."

They are not the words of someone who always felt like a boy / man. They are the words of someone who felt massively uncomfortable with themselves and felt they had nobody to talk to. Perhaps if society didn't place such expectation on people to behave in a certain way, and recognised that women (and men) can be whatever they want to be, people wouldn't feel the need to resort to surgery.

I'm confusing nothing. There are exponentially increasing number of people - so often, as in this case, from very conservative families and / or locations and / or backgrounds - who feel uncomfortable in themselves. At a much later stage in life, often very much later, they decide that surgery is the answer. Look at the words used in the article. The person involved doesn't say they felt like a boy when they were growing up.

“I didn’t have a language for ‘transgender’ and what that meant until I was in high school."
"As soon I learnt about the term as a late teen, I found myself intrigued and drawn to it."
"I was crushed by the overwhelming terror of coming out. I was scared to talk to my family about it."

They are not the words of someone who always felt like a boy / man. They are the words of someone who felt massively uncomfortable with themselves and felt they had nobody to talk to. Perhaps if society didn't place such expectation on people to behave in a certain way, and recognised that women (and men) can be whatever they want to be, people wouldn't feel the need to resort to surgery.

That's not someone who is gay. It's someone who is trans. They didn't know what they were until they did. They never once felt gay. Gay people are fine with their physical bodies as they identify with it.

Last edited:

There may be such occasions where gay people feel it is somehow more acceptable to love the same gender from a different body. However, one study I read said that 45% of transgender individuals remained with the same partner they had before transition. For many male to female transitions, they remain attracted to women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back