Transgender darts player

Darts like snooker is a game of skill and not a sport imo.

Iirc women have played in darts events? (with the cis males)

This is why it is crazy.
The world has gone mad.
I'm not clued up enough about feeling and rights to be honest but if she/he was good enough it doesn't matter which side the play.
Causing a hell of a lot of stupidly by not having clear rules.

Although I agree that men wouldn't have a physical advantage as they do in other sports, the Women's events exist to encourage more female participation in a male dominated sport, and to allow the game to grow.

Which if you just look the results of the women who have played in the World Championship, you would say this is definitely required.

We've had 12 instances on Women qualifying for the Worlds (2 a year in the last 6 tournaments), and other than Fallon winning 2 matches in 2020 they've all lost in round 1 (including Fallon on 3 other occasions), 4 of who have been whitewashed.

I just think sport as a whole should have a blanket rule, and transgender participants should compete against each other in their own categories.

But that's just me.

Although I agree that men wouldn't have a physical advantage as they do in other sports, the Women's events exist to encourage more female participation in a male dominated sport, and to allow the game to grow.

Which if you just look the results of the women who have played in the World Championship, you would say this is definitely required.

We've had 12 instances on Women qualifying for the Worlds (2 a year in the last 6 tournaments), and other than Fallon winning 2 matches in 2020 they've all lost in round 1 (including Fallon on 3 other occasions), 4 of who have been whitewashed.

I just think sport as a whole should have a blanket rule, and transgender participants should compete against each other in their own categories.

But that's just me.
Men do have a physical advantage though

Only got accepted to play through a misunderstanding.

"Is it alright if a transgender stands at that bit where you throw the darts?"

"Oche?"

"Oh great, thanks."

Whilst on the face of it when it comes to darts and snooker gender shouldn't play a part on how good you are for whatever reason it clearly does as no women have got anywhere near to achieving what men have done in them sports
I think that's more an issue of interest than ability though in these cases chief. Lads are on the dartboard from day one, same as the tables.
The pool of lasses with an interest in it from a young age will simply be orders of magnitude smaller.

Last edited:
Difficult one to legislate for really.
At what point, or in which sports or games, does the physical advantage a male who has gone through puberty before transitioning, gain an advantage.
Anything involving power or strength is surely andvantageous to transitioning males, and should be viewed as such.
Not sure the game of darts qualifies for strength or power being a requirement.

Difficult one to legislate for really.
At what point, or in which sports or games, does the physical advantage a male who has gone through puberty before transitioning, gain an advantage.
Anything involving power or strength is surely andvantageous to transitioning males, and should be viewed as such.
Not sure the game of darts qualifies for strength or power being a requirement.
Exactly.
There's nothing really to prove with darts that it's an advantag, it's a non story.
It's just another excuse for gammons to be negative about trans people

There is strong evidence that a male who begins the transition before puberty will gain very little of the strength and power that a male transitioning after pubery will possess.
So early transition does not allow for the physical benefit some believe exists.
Later transitioning however does give a physical advantage.
Darts isn't a sport so doesn't really matter.
That's a never ending argument marra.
In my eyes it's a game, but some consider it a sport.
Doesn't really matter.
It's a competition, and people like watching it.

Last edited:

Back