Transgender darts player

Blows the theory that men pretend to be women so they can enter female events (as they can't compete with the men) I guess.

Well no it doesn't. Its one weak example versus many where pretending to be women does gain an unfair advantage.

Darts is one of the few sports which has the least biological difference between men and women anyway. Maybe that and tiddlywinks.

Bring me this same story in shot put.

Blows the theory that men pretend to be women so they can enter female events (as they can't compete with the men) I guess.
I highly doubt many men do it to win sports events, that doesn't change that fact these are competitions for women set up to let young girls get involved in sport. You'll find a lot of trans people usually biological women it has to be said are respectful of others, where as biological men are much more selfish with their needs generally.

Don't understand all this trans stuff. When they say a transitioning man I don't know if they were a bloke or are changing to a bloke!
To me, sports wise, you should compete in events that are for your birth gender.
If its no problem being in "open" events then I've no problem. Eg horse racing, darts, show jumping

Last edited:
In darts, I don't see the problem. Its a sport where you can have a mixed event with little issue.

However, there's also a solid argument, that due to the fact its been a male dominated sport for years, there should be women's leagues/ competitions to encourage participation, help the sport grow longer term. Should trans players be allowed to compete in those events? I don't know, I really don't.

It'd be interesting to hear the views of the women in these sports, who I suppose are the ones who it really impacts most

Whilst on the face of it when it comes to darts and snooker gender shouldn't play a part on how good you are for whatever reason it clearly does as no women have got anywhere near to achieving what men have done in them sports

Darts is similar to pool in that it's male dominated and has similar barriers to females as pool does.

This was posted by a female pool player in a group I use:

"I played pool competitively when I was younger.

at my peak I was a better player than your average man down the pub, but against my male peers competitively it remained unequal.

as a woman I was nearly always smaller than any males I played against, in pool that meant I had to stretch further/was more unstable taking the shot if it required reaching across the table.

my arm span was shorter, generally meaning less power when breaking or taking long shots/ doubles.

Boobs. Boobs were a particular issue for me. Men with big bellies can kind of brace them against the table, boobs hang down onto the table. I often had to contort myself to prevent my chest from hitting a pool ball which would be a foul.

sexism/sexual assault. Lost count of the times I had lewd comments made whilst bending over to take a shot (obviously not in competitions) Or my arse felt. A common one was also a pool cue shoved between my legs when I was bent down.

As a woman I didn't feel I could go and practise for hours on my own down the pool hall like the men could, practising shots over and over again like they did. If I went I went with others, because I got hassled if I didn't. And because I went with others that meant sharing a table, taking turns, being a good sport, not being 'selfish'.

As you get older it's less socially acceptable for women to leave the kids for the evening to go down the pub for pool matches, or pool practice. The men don't really want you there either much in the same way a man turning up to an otherwise female only group would change the dynamic.

Because hardly any other women play you have a much smaller 'pool' of players to compete against who have the same disadvantages as you."

Back