Trai Hume

we should have had 2 players back for the goal Ballard was still in thier penalty area and O'Nien was on the right wing Hume was left exposed but even so his defending was dreadful 2 yards in front of thier forward on the half way line it was if he didn't realise he was there schoolboy stuff from Hume

He is still only young and still very inexperienced. We need to remember that with all our players
Very true, just hope the coaching staff can see where he needs to improve and build him up.
Lately he has appeared a bit lackadaisical not getting tight enough but he has the makings of a top player.

Very true, just hope the coaching staff can see where he needs to improve and build him up.
Lately he has appeared a bit lackadaisical not getting tight enough but he has the makings of a top player.

He has also been asked by the coaching staff to change his style of play again. He was playing the introverted role, now looks to be playing some sort of wing back position. You have to take that in to account.

Hes a championship player with a great attitude and commitment. I love him but hes always been slightly overrated by a lot of the fans. Next John Stones IIRC
Out of position but shouldn’t have been back by himself at all. Did well to recover till Patterson decided to stay off his line
Or Patterson did well not to overcommit and give Hume a chance to atone for his initial error.

Last edited:
Hes a championship player with a great attitude and commitment. I love him but hes always been slightly overrated by a lot of the fans. Next John Stones IIRC

Or Patterson did well not to overcommit and give Hume a chance to atone for his initial error.
He did do well to not over commit, you’re absolutely right.

He should have then started to edge back towards his goal line while Hume stood their player up.
You cannot blame Patterson for that. It was solely down to Hume.

It happens though, a mistake he will learn from. He's a good player.
Solely down to Hume? Not Roberts losing it up the pitch, was that Humes fault as well?

Not Beales fault for not ensuring we had more than just Hume back?

He should have then started to edge back towards his goal line while Hume stood their player up.

Solely down to Hume? Not Roberts losing it up the pitch, was that Humes fault as well?

I love Hume but he was primarily to blame here. Players are allowed to lose it in the final third and not expect that to happen. Hume just had one man to manage - he lost concentration badly. He doesn't need anyone to defend him he will know himself.

players are always going to lose the ball up the pitch we should know we do it regularly enough but ultimately the defender should (1) pick his man up and (2) make sure he's got cover by communicating to his teamates that he's exposed Hume failed to do this on both counts nothing to do with Roberts or Beale

Has anyone confirmed if their goal was offside ?

Looked like it to me from the basic highlights I’ve seen. Var must have shown he was at least a toe off if it had been available

Can't be offside in your own half.
As I said I’ve only seen the basic highlight angle and when they caught up he was at least ten yards into safcs half

I really appreciate that you felt it necessary to inform me of the basic offside rule though. It had passed me by during the last fifty years as a player and watcher

👍

Back