Tour de France 2022

I will be in the minority here but I honestly don't mind Blythe, he's like the micah Richards of cycling for me, just seems to enjoy the fact he gets to talk about cycling for a job.

Eurosport has said Bernie Eisel is part of the team but not sure what country he is broadcasting for, wish I could understand Spanish just for Laura Meseguer and Contador insights.
Bernie usually does a bit of on course stuff in English, looking at the finish etc. Contador is usually pretty entertaining when you get to see him do English bits.

Bernie usually does a bit of on course stuff in English, looking at the finish etc. Contador is usually pretty entertaining when you get to see him do English bits.
Was it the stuff that Flecha used to do? Think I can remember it was hoping he'd be on coms tbh with his knowledge.

Not sure tbh. Didn't Flecha do some of the back of the motorbike stuff that Wiggins does now?
Have in my mind he done a segment called Flecha knows (but it could just be my mind playing tricks) where he rode all the 'hard' parts of a stage. Either way fingers crossed for a windy eventful tour.

Was it the stuff that Flecha used to do? Think I can remember it was hoping he'd be on coms tbh with his knowledge.
Liked Flecha...used to wear some great clobber
Have in my mind he done a segment called Flecha knows (but it could just be my mind playing tricks) where he rode all the 'hard' parts of a stage. Either way fingers crossed for a windy eventful tour.
Stage 2 looking possible with that 18K exposed bridge to cross 🤞

Last edited:
That bridge looks like somebody has created it on a game just to cause chaos. What's the chances it's a beautiful sunny day with zero wind 🙄.

They had this on the news channel here about half an hour ago.

Logon or register to see this image

So Western wind of nine to ten metres a second. Not sure if the English way of doing winds is the same. But it should be almost certain to be headwind for the riders when they cross the bridge.

So Western wind of nine to ten metres a second. Not sure if the English way of doing winds is the same. But it should be almost certain to be headwind for the riders when they cross the bridge.
Thanks for this.

Looks like it could cause a few echelons if they are not careful when the direction changes slightly, fingers crossed the wind stays that strong or picks up. Tbh I've gone total brain dead on how they mention wind speed here on the news, think its mph.

Has the grand depart had much coverage over there?

Thanks for this.

Looks like it could cause a few echelons if they are not careful when the direction changes slightly, fingers crossed the wind stays that strong or picks up. Tbh I've gone total brain dead on how they mention wind speed here on the news, think its mph.

Has the grand depart had much coverage over there?

The coverage has been pretty big and seemed to increase by the week at first and now by the day if not by the hour. People living along the route have gone through all sorts for the off chance that the drone footages will capture their creativity. Copenhagen is dressed in yellow flowers and I have seen massive painted portraits on football grounds of former riders. White houses and bus shelters covered in red dots. Farmers having made a very big cycle symbol out of hay balls and using moving tractors going round in circles for the wheels. Even cows in fields are dressed in red polka-dotted and yellow jerseys. A bridge in Copenhagen is wrapped in yellow cloth as well. I could go on and on, the creativity to celebrate it all is amusing.

Am not the biggest cycling sport follower, I have never watched even ten minutes of a race. But even I feel strangely grabbed by it all and I'm looking forward to watching them cross the bridge on Saturday. The footage should be glorious and it's a big bassa of a bridge.

cheers...hope it gets up, was hoping cross winds

The footage should be glorious and it's a big bassa of a bridge.
to make it truly authentic danish, they need the race to be stopped in the middle of the bridge by a bad ass detective in tendy scandi knitwear & leather pants investigating a dead body in the middle of the road, in the rain... :)

to make it truly authentic danish, they need the race to be stopped in the middle of the bridge by a bad ass detective in tendy scandi knitwear & leather pants investigating a dead body in the middle of the road, in the rain... :)

With the scene being lit up by very powerful flashlights.

Back