Tour de France 2022

10 wins this year.
Aye I'm not saying he's no good, just the last few months he's only won 4 stages and the sprints have been more spread out, his form at the beginning of the year he was head and shoulders above every sprinter.

I hope he does win one of the first 2 stages though otherwise the press won't shut up about it.

1) Pogacar 2) Roglic if both stay upright and fit

I thought Thomas was finished a year ago but too 5 or even podium could be possible here if he does well in the first week.

If the riders like Vlasov and Adam Yates who got covid in Suisse have recovered fine and are immune for the next few weeks they could end up in a great position if there’s an outbreak
Ineos leaving team announcement late…Kawasaki out so wondering if it’s that or giving Yates time to get over Covid ?

I reckon they’re sweating on some negative tests

1) Pogacar 2) Roglic if both stay upright and fit

I thought Thomas was finished a year ago but too 5 or even podium could be possible here if he does well in the first week.

If the riders like Vlasov and Adam Yates who got covid in Suisse have recovered fine and are immune for the next few weeks they could end up in a great position if there’s an outbreak

I reckon they’re sweating on some negative tests
His time trial at Tour de Suisse was the really impressive thing. If he can stay upright ( as we know a big if) top 5 entirely possible.

Thomas could get on the podium. Wonder if Ineos could form an alliance with JV to try and get at Pogacar. Probably only chance either have to win without crash or covid.

What kind of course are we looking at this year?
Well balanced, cobbles and possibility of wind in first week, Alps and Pyrenees with many of big hitters there and decent amount of Time Trialling.
Dont think two back to back sprint days either which is good.

Inner Ring also do a daily stage preview which is always worth a read

well Pidcock is in...see how he goes and is used

Last edited:
Well balanced, cobbles and possibility of wind in first week, Alps and Pyrenees with many of big hitters there and decent amount of Time Trialling.
Dont think two back to back sprint days either which is good.

Inner Ring also do a daily stage preview which is always worth a read

well Pidcock is in...see how he goes and is used
Superb looks good. Cheers mate.

Haven't watched a great deal this season but from what I've read it's still hard to see past Pogacar as no-one's really close to him in the mountains and he's not exactly a bad TTer. Cobbles always have the potential to introduce some gaps and make things more interesting. Would be good to see Thomas go well.
A very good site, in fact most big races they do in depth previews ( start/finish times, contenders, route etc)
Superb, given it's American( albeit mainly European centric)
What sites do you read? I used to use Cycling News but it's all paywalled now.

Haven't watched a great deal this season but from what I've read it's still hard to see past Pogacar as no-one's really close to him in the mountains and he's not exactly a bad TTer. Cobbles always have the potential to introduce some gaps and make things more interesting. Would be good to see Thomas go well.

What sites do you read? I used to use Cycling News but it's all paywalled now.
Used the inner Ring for years. Their daily stage review is good

Velonews really good but increasingly "premiumised" and even going incognito on google for example doesn't allow you to open certain articles

Last edited:
Very disappointed that Cavendish isnt in the team but looking forward to it. Ineos looking strong with Yates and Pidcock included.

Pundits/commentators then ?

Personally can't abide Kirby or Blythe and Millar and Ned grate( though I do like their 7pm stage show)
McEwan really good, as is Dan Lloyd. Rob Hatch is shite, Matt Stephens canny and enjoy Kelly even though not very good and is all owa the place at times.
Orla is very good and Wiggins is somehow getting slightly less annoying as he seems to have mellowed( I'm guessing there has been some major therapy over the years)

Personally can't abide Kirby or Blythe and Millar and Ned grate( though I do like their 7pm stage show)
McEwan really good, as is Dan Lloyd. Rob Hatch is shite, Matt Stephens canny and enjoy Kelly even though not very good and is all owa the place at times.
Orla is very good and Wiggins is somehow getting slightly less annoying as he seems to have mellowed( I'm guessing there has been some major therapy over the years)
I like Millar and Boulting as commentators and Boardman is probably the best pundit so usually watch ITV. Rob Hatch is irritating and Carlton Kirby makes me want to throw a brick through the TV so don't tend to enjoy waching Eurosport as much even though McEwen, Lloyd and Kelly can be pretty insightful. Still think Brad is a cock.

I will be in the minority here but I honestly don't mind Blythe, he's like the micah Richards of cycling for me, just seems to enjoy the fact he gets to talk about cycling for a job.

Eurosport has said Bernie Eisel is part of the team but not sure what country he is broadcasting for, wish I could understand Spanish just for Laura Meseguer and Contador insights.

Back