Total Sport

Using him to provoke people to phone in sick of hearing the bells name personally

it was pathetic, dont even know why i listened (on my drive home from work)

they basically said that Barton was making controversial, provocative remarks to raise a response, then proceeded to go on and on and on about it, bringing him up with every caller, playing his interview (several sections of it, spread over the show), then commenting that sunderland fans were wound up about him. very basic self-sensationalism. make a big deal out of something minor, then report on how much of a big deal it is.

i don't even know why i listen to it, the callers on most occasions never say anything new or interesting, its just bland, generic, cliche-riddled nonsense. i suppose they have a show to fill, but how many times can they repeat how poor joelinton has been, or that wyke put loads of effort in and his work-rate goes unnoticed

it was pathetic, dont even know why i listened (on my drive home from work)

they basically said that Barton was making controversial, provocative remarks to raise a response, then proceeded to go on and on and on about it, bringing him up with every caller, playing his interview (several sections of it, spread over the show), then commenting that sunderland fans were wound up about him. very basic self-sensationalism. make a big deal out of something minor, then report on how much of a big deal it is.

i don't even know why i listen to it, the callers on most occasions never say anything new or interesting, its just bland, generic, cliche-riddled nonsense. i suppose they have a show to fill, but how many times can they repeat how poor joelinton has been, or that wyke put loads of effort in and his work-rate goes unnoticed

It was a bit bizarre. Steve Howey was getting wound up by it, the Sunderland fans forum lad was too, thought it was funny at the end when he cut across Prydey to say it was the Joey Barton show, not sure he'll be back on for a while!

It was a bit bizarre. Steve Howey was getting wound up by it, the Sunderland fans forum lad was too, thought it was funny at the end when he cut across Prydey to say it was the Joey Barton show, not sure he'll be back on for a while!

They should have just kept changing the subject directly back to discussion on the match itself, there was loads to talk about. Just refuse to get drawn into it and it will go away. There is no way to 'win' the debate as any response, even if reasoned, is instantly seen as us 'getting wound up' .

They should have just kept changing the subject directly back to discussion on the match itself, there was loads to talk about. Just refuse to get drawn into it and it will go away. There is no way to 'win' the debate as any response, even if reasoned, is instantly seen as us 'getting wound up' .
I'd have mentioned the pending court case, and said that he if he appeared to act less assholean on the touchline than usual then that was probably due to his lawyers telling him that he has to keep his nose clean until then.

Back