Total Sport

FFS not someone else who has fallen for Mrs Doubtfires bullshit and excuses :evil:

Yup. I was at that game and I thought the song in question which i couldnt make out at the time was coming from the away fans next to me, not indeed the south west corner. Hardlys the whole ground as Mr Pompous last night claimed.

Look at our home record the year leading up to when Bruce was sacked and it might give you a clue why he went.....

Yup. I was at that game and I thought the song in question which i couldnt make out at the time was coming from the away fans next to me, not indeed the south west corner. Hardlys the whole ground as Mr Pompous last night claimed.

Look at our home record the year leading up to when Bruce was sacked and it might give you a clue why he went.....

The Sunderland fan and Nick Barnes on Total Sport on Tuesday were rewriting history in regards to the Bruce era and his eventual sacking. We won 6 of the 31 matches before he got sacked. We were very fortunate to stay up the previous season (when we were losing in the second half at home v Wigan on April 23rd we looked doomed until Jordan Henderson saved us) and we had a dreadful start to the season in which he was sacked (2 wins from 14 matches). We were on a relegation trajectory without doubt.

In reality, the fans (and the owner & chairman) were incredibly patient with Bruce. No manager could have kept his job with such a dreadful record and most would have been sacked a lot earlier.

Bruce probably took the most hounding of any recent manager. There were quite a few rounds of 'Get out of our club' and some other stuff.
He totally deserved it though.

Back