Torquay in administration

We played Torquay in a pre-season friendly many years back, I was there, as was Helen Chamberlain, and Lilian Laslandes made his debut. Can't remember the score, I was drunk

Lived down that way for a number of years, had some great times.

Unfortunately the club has struggled for at least a decade with debt and with the owner not being able to build a new stadium as he wanted, it appears he has run out of patience and/or money.

Hopefully they can survive in some form as I knew a few lads at the time who went to Plainmoor.

Last edited:
This is why I am very dubious about the recently failed Hartlepool takeover. It all sounded very circus/cowboy with the supporters trust hence it's a classic case of "careful what you wish for" despite the failings of Raj Singh who I ultimately want to leave but it has to be sold to the right people. Modern day football is rotten now and Rochdale sound like they're in a lot of trouble also.

Money has ruined the game.
To be more specific, agents fees, elitist sponsorship deals, player wages, and corruption.
SEB, albeit in a little bit longer post đŸ€Ș

Away weekends in Torquay were always a real treat- especially early or late season with decent weather.
Got home late Monday night once after a particularly interesting weekend with a lass from Bedworth.( she was).

Back