Top ten best selling albums of 21st Century (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

People buy whatever Simon Cowell tells them to buy and whatever the radio stations market every hour. I've heard plenty of turns in the club singing the junkie Amy's songs just as well as her and she wasn't really all that but sheep fooled by good marketing and continous airplay will say otherwise.
Not having that like.
Aside from her voice if you watch that documentary on her she was unreal. I've been able to play the guitar to a canny standard for over thirty years and she was miles better and unique on it when she was eighteen!
She was extremely talented

Not having that like.
Aside from her voice if you watch that documentary on her she was unreal. I've been able to play the guitar to a canny standard for over thirty years and she was miles better and unique on it when she was eighteen!

Agreed..it’s easy to relate the drugs and Alcohol to Amy but she was very talented.

Not having that like.
I watched the documentary and agree she could sing but she wasn't anything special, couldn't compare her to someone like Dolores O'Riordan, she was a well marketed character but a shame the road she took in the end.

1.Adele - 21
2.Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
3.Adele - 25
4.Ed Sheehan - X
5.Ed Sheehan - Divide
6.James Blunt - Back to Bedlam
7.Leona Lewis - Spirit
8.Michael Buble - Crazy Love
9.Dido - No Angel
10.David Gray - White Ladder

No the wonder music is fkd nowadays..Amy aside there’s some shite on there.
Utter shit

Compare it to e.g the 70s

I watched the documentary and agree she could sing but she wasn't anything special, couldn't compare her to someone like Dolores O'Riordan, she was a well marketed character but a shame the road she took in the end.

She was a class singer and a good musician. They both were.
Utter shit

Compare it to e.g the 70s

Top 10 selling albums in the 70s were mostly shite aswell imo.

Last edited:
Loved the Dido and David Grey albums but the fact that neither of them followed up good albums with anything of substance says it all for me

I've said for 10 years or more that Urban Hymns will go down in history as the last truly great album and that was 22 years ago so how depressing is that ?

Loved the Dido and David Grey albums but the fact that neither of them followed up good albums with anything of substance says it all for me

I've said for 10 years or more that Urban Hymns will go down in history as the last truly great album and that was 22 years ago so how depressing is that ?

Aye it is a depressing album. Good though.

a) Are you saying that an album is only great if the follow up is good?

b) If you think Urban Hymns is the last truly great album, you're not really seeking out new music.

b) If you think Urban Hymns is the last truly great album, you're not really seeking out new music.
a) Dido and David Grey made half decent albums nearly 20 years ago - sadly nothing they've done subsequently has been anywhere near as good
b) I was born in an era where great music sought you out - not the other way round - truly great music will find you

The seeking bit is the problem. I'll admit I'm not massively into new music so the only thing I hear is what is forced onto me like Ed sheeran, Tom walker and the truly awful Lewis capaldi. There must be some truly brilliant artists about but unfortunately they don't get anywhere near the coverage they deserve.

She was a class singer and a good musician. They both were.

Top 10 selling albums in the 70s were mostly shite aswell imo.
1. The Wall - Pink Floyd (23,000,000)
2. IV (Four Symbols) - Led Zeppelin (22,000,000)
3. Rumours - Fleetwood Mac (19,000,000)
4. Boston - Boston (17,000,000)
5. Saturday Night Fever (soundtrack) - Various Artists (15,000,000)
6. Hotel California - The Eagles (15,000,000)
7. Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin (15,000,000)
8. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd (15,000,000)
9. Bat Out Of Hell - Meatloaf (14,000,000)
10. Houses Of The Holy - Led Zeppelin (11,000,000)

:lol:

a) Dido and David Grey made half decent albums nearly 20 years ago - sadly nothing they've done subsequently has been anywhere near as good
b) I was born in an era where great music sought you out - not the other way round - truly great music will find you

b) Question the radio stations you listen to, the TV you watch etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back