Top Chinese Company EVERBRIGHT SECURITIES to buy SAFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage, any takeover will happen in the summer I reckon. The clubs value will plummet if we go down. Better to pay less after relegation than more and suffer relegation I'd imagine from a business perspective.
Obviously survival would be preferable like.
Whoever takes over could have a right go at buying half a dozen decent players in the january window and preserve premier league status.

Holy fuck, these are seriously rich... 13b yearly profit.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bye Ellis, I love you but all is fair in love and war.... :lol:

Funny money aint it? so probably about 1B Sterling. Not that 1B pounds per year isn't a mental amount of profit.

What do you or your source think their aims and motivations would be? i.e. will they be good owners or batshit crazy?

In the Far East The Prem's the dog's bollox. They would not be buying SAFC to strip it, they would be buying it to have a visibility in the Premiership watched by billions of people all over the world. Why do you see so many Chinese/Korean font adverts playing on the electronic hoardings surrounding the pitches at top Prem football clubs? It's all about exposure and of course having a Prem football club will afford bragging rights in China.

Thanks for the reply although I'm none the wiser.
Anything from that retired deluded ex wannabe hoolie is completely and utterly made up.
He has been caught out so many times with his lies and attention seeking tittle tattle .
He's desperate for attention.
At his age as well

In the Far East The Prem's the dog's bollox. They would not be buying SAFC to strip it, they would be buying it to have a visibility in the Premiership watched by billions of people all over the world. Why do you see so many Chinese/Korean font adverts playing on the electronic hoardings surrounding the pitches at top Prem football clubs? It's all about exposure and of course having a Prem football club will afford bragging rights in China.
That's the answer I was hoping for..... the Chinese answer to Man City's Arabs :cool:

At this stage, any takeover will happen in the summer I reckon. The clubs value will plummet if we go down. Better to pay less after relegation than more and suffer relegation I'd imagine from a business perspective.
Obviously survival would be preferable like.
The Texan will want his money back though

Is this the group who wanted to but a stake in Liverpool? If so, let this be true!

yes:

The football and sports rights business is a far leap from China Everbright’s origins more than three decades ago, but its interest in Liverpool FC should not come as a surprise given the financial conglomerate’s recent focus on tapping into China’s demand for sports entertainment.

When unit Everbright Securities in May partnered a Chinese technology group to buy a 65 per cent stake in MP & Silva, valuing the Italian sports rights company at $1bn, the company’s chief executive said it would look to harness China’s vast sporting market.

“China owns billions of sports fans and its sports industry has been one of the hottest investments recently,” Everbright Securities chief Xue Feng said in a statement following the deal. “We hope to seize the unprecedented opportunities brought by the rapid development of the sports industry in China.”

China Everbright was set up in Hong Kong in 1983 by the Chinese government to act as a bridge for trade finance between the mainland and outside world. While it has continued to grow internationally in recent years, Everbright remains tightly held by the Chinese state.

The Hong Kong-listed flagship company, Everbright Limited, is controlled by its mainland parent and the asset management arm of China’s sovereign wealth fund, making its operations an extension of Beijing’s top financial decision makers at the Ministry of Finance.

Everbright Limited had HK$54.7bn ($7.1bn) in total assets at the end of 2015, up nearly 30 per cent from the year before. The company reported a doubling in profit attributable to shareholders to HK$5.1bn last year.

The group’s chairman, Tang Shuangning, has rotated among financial regulators and state banks since the early 1980s, doing stints at China Construction Bank, China’s central bank and China’s banking regulator.

Liverpool FC owners hire advisers after Chinese approach
Lucrative media rights have drawn international investors to Premier League clubs

Like many of its state-controlled peers, China Everbright has diversified across the financial spectrum and has big banking, broking, trust, futures, insurance and private equity businesses. Everbright Bank went public in Hong Kong in 2013 and Everbright Securities launched a $1bn initial public offering in the city this month.

Even before its sports foray the group was increasingly looking to do overseas deals.

In June, Everbright International, another Hong Kong-listed unit, agreed to pay €123m ($139m) for Polish waste management company Novago. Last year, it made it to the final round of bidding for German waste manager EEW, which was eventually sold to Beijing Enterprises for $1.6bn.

The group’s securities unit also expanded its offshore financial platform last year with the $528m purchase of 70 per cent of Hong Kong-based securities house Sun Hung Kai Securities.

Everbright representatives could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back