Top Boy

Gutted it’s ended to be honest but can see why they’ve gone out now. Kano is some actor. Characters brilliant throughout. Can see what people mean about that Irish gang but the assassination scene was class and brutal. Think Ronan Bennett has taken some of The Wire and put it into this but it’s not a copy. Authentic and realistic.

Gutted it’s ended to be honest but can see why they’ve gone out now. Kano is some actor. Characters brilliant throughout. Can see what people mean about that Irish gang but the assassination scene was class and brutal. Think Ronan Bennett has taken some of The Wire and put it into this but it’s not a copy. Authentic and realistic.

has it ended?

Decent acting by some of the cast,storyline was pretty crap.
And what looked like CGI flames were ridiculous 😂

Last edited:
Finally finished this. Thought it was excellent overall. The scousers were a bit ridiculous mind, reminded me of the 3 baddies in Superman back in the 80s. Neither main character ended up being likeable enough where you wanted them to get away with it. Cracking build up to the last 10 minutes.

Yeh the Irish bit was f***ing useless, came stayed a bit, died, absolutely pointless like they were struggling for ideas and thought sod it stick something random in
Just finished the series and enjoyed it
Reading comments about rushed etc and extra episodes I suppose there's an argument for it
The Irish thing brought them together briefly .
Even the brilliant 1 and 2 series you can pick holes in if you wish
Sully responsible for killings left right and centre and just walking around the streets etc .
It's drama at the end of the day and the acting was just 10/10 from top to bottom

Not sure if anyone's mentioned the riot scenes but they were pretty woeful too. Reminded me of the fresh meat episode when they rioted in London, equally cringe poor acting

Absolutely this. I loved the last series but every group protest in Summerhouse was crap. Really naff.

Obvious next move is for a Steffan spin-off series in a few years when he’s the new Top Boy.

Back