Top Boy

Just finished, thought it wasn't great. If you're bringing in new characters and trying to round off a series you need more than 6 episodes. Guess its hard to maintain consistency when it was so good though

Yeh the Irish bit was f***ing useless, came stayed a bit, died, absolutely pointless like they were struggling for ideas and thought sod it stick something random in
The screenwriter is Irish but supplanting Irish gangsters to Hackney is just wrong.

Aye especially when they appear out of nowhere , characters that don’t look menacing , and only last couple episodes , seemed daft
The bloke who turned up in that fancy car didn't seem believable at all. All seemed completely out of place, and as mentioned above no Irish gangsters are ever going to muscle in on Hackney like that ever

The screenwriter is Irish but supplanting Irish gangsters to Hackney is just wrong.
Seems like the writer bases the series on the latest hot topics around the time.
The BLM peaceful protests, the Kinahan cartel and the Malis, the Mali's storyline was even more forced then the irish one.

Sorry if already asked and answered, but it's displaying a bit weird on Netflix as if they've only got the first 3 series. No doubt this is to do with it moving off the BBC, but are all 5 series actually on there?

Not sure if anyone's mentioned the riot scenes but they were pretty woeful too. Reminded me of the fresh meat episode when they rioted in London, equally cringe poor acting

Overall I enjoyed it and ending worked but bits of the final series made me cringe a bit with them trying to get a message across. The Mandy character was acting like some sort of saint sent from heaven.
A cracking series overall and I think they are entitled to a bit self indulgence. Kano and Ashley Walters have been tremendous throughout.
Highlight of this series has to be them promoting one of my books though. :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Back