Top 3 Simon & Garfunkel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

For them that like the Boxer, there's an extra verse they never used but Joan Baez sings it in her cover of the song.
Ooooooh. Nivver knew that.
1/ The Only Living Boy In New York.
2/ The Only Living Boy In New Cross.
3/ The Only Living Boy In New Silksworth.

That scene in the fillum he directed where the kid from scrubs looks down from the hill with The Only Living Boy In New York on in the background is amazing. I had a similar weird experience on Tunstall Hills the day I decided to move south. Watching it in cinema was weird.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn’t have bridge over troubled water as their top choice is merely being pedantic or awkward for the sake of it.

Bridge over Troubled Water
Scarborough Fair
Homeward Bound

There are so many brilliant lyrics in their songs. Not easy to narrow it down to a top three, the list keeps changing every time I think about it, but the lines I think are the most evocative and wonderful are from ‘Mrs Robinson’:

‘Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you’

Not top 3 but for 40 years I loved (and still do) this Northern Soul classic

Only to discover last year

Every day is a school day

And then there’s ‘Cecilia’. When I learned that St Cecilia is the patron saint of music, this song just exploded in my head.
Did you leap up and down with your knickers in the air?

One for the kids there.
Not top 3 but for 40 years I loved (and still do) this Northern Soul classic

Only to discover last year

Every day is a school day
Ooooh nivver heard the first one. Cheers.

Last edited:
I can’t do 3. I have to do 4.
The order is irrelevant because it will change all the time for me.

Only Living Boy
The Boxer
America
Kathy

The Boxer
Late in the Evening
The Only Living Boy in New York

At first I put Me and Julio instead of TOLBINY then realised it was Paul Simon solo. Tough to choose though, so many brilliant songs. Probably be a different set tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back