Top 3 Simon & Garfunkel ?

Just put them on and Homeward Bound when it accelerates into the chorus is absolutely class.
Sound of silence as well when it does that line "the words of the prophets are written on the subway wall" is f***ing majestic

Not often I'd agree with you, ye being a mag n that but you're bang on there like, followed by , "and tenement halls"
Just quality.

1. Homeward bound
2. Me and Julio
3. the Boxer

That's a Paul Simon solo song from his self-titled debut album. I know he's performed it with Garfunkle live but I wouldn't call it a S&G song personally.

Last edited:
Happy birthday to Paul Simon who is 78 today.
I went to see him with Sting a few years ago and I was amazed at his sprightliness given he was about 73 then!
S&G released a song called My Little Town in 1975 when they got back together for a very brief period.
Paul Simon is one of the finest songwriters, a poet really, able to intertwine profound lyrics and a beautiful melody but was never a prolific writer mores the pity.
The album Bridge Over Troubled Water is a superb collection of songs. They hoyed in Song for the Asking at the end to get it done and released coz they were fkn sick of each other.
I like his songs that tell a story hence
1. The Boxer
2. America
3. Homeward Bound

Love S & G. Who do you thinks done the best cover of theirs? I like Disturbeds version of sound of silence and Gerard Ways version of Hazey shade of winter.

The song Bridge Over Troubled Water is an absolutely tremendous record .

Top 3? Difficult but I think it would always have to contain these two:

The Boxer
The Sound of Silence (electric Sounds of Silence version)

Third would probably be interchangeable dependent on mood: Bridge, Homeward Bound, I Am a Rock, Kathy's Song, America ...

Why limit yasell though - it'd only take ya about 3 hours to listen to everything they ever did if ya stuck Wednesday Morning on and listened through each album to the end of Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Top 2 was pretty easy for me....

1. Bridge Over Troubled Water
2. Kathy's Song

Number 3 could fluctuate daily between

Sound of Silence
The Boxer
Homeward Bound

The Boxer
Bridge over Troubled Water
Mrs Robinson - The Lemonheads

Only kidding with the 3rd one, can't pick a definite after the first 2.

Once more I have to thank my elder brother for having fantastic taste in music.

Back