Tony Mowbray

From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.
you been in a coma?

They got rid of him because he criticised the model. Result’s hasn’t been quite as good because the the squad has a lot of very poor players in it. 2 other managers have taken over the same squad and surprise surprise the form has became relegation form. The owner and speakman are absolutely clueless and very patronising and arrogant. The quicker they sell up the better. When season ticket sales drop they will probably use that as an excuse for not spending in the summer. If no striker is bought in the summer there will be lots of empty seats next season regardless of how many season tickets we sell. Don’t think i can take another season of watching us try and walk the ball in net

From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.
Gave in to fan pressure unfortunately. You reap what you sow.

21:49, Saturday night on a Sunderland message board.

Do you not have anyone else to talk to?

For some reason we hounded him out like we hounded out Beale
Absolutely this 😔
Maybe because in his last ten games we got 11pts and were 16th in the form table, dropping from 4th to 9th in the process???
So we sacked him for the previous 10 games? Completely ignoring the wonders he performed in the 18 months before that, the lack of resources he had to work with, the quality of football we were enjoying?

Fair enough, seems a little short sighted like but here we are.
Another lost magpie on the sunderland forum on a Sunday morning. Hilarious and cute.
Play the ball, not the man.

Last edited:
In what alternative universe did this happen?
Pretty sure they're one of those Mag WUM's, must be a seriously sad existence.
We were playing shite and he was constantly having digs at the owners/Speakman. It was always going to end up the way it did. There's nothing more to it.
Love the bloke after the last season but the rot had well and truly set in under him and it was only heading one way, the second half down at Swansea, Plymouth, Huddersfield and Millwall were all dreadful performances. The Huddersfield one in particular had all the hallmarks of a managerial reign that had reached the beginning of the end.

Don't think there's a single Sunderland fan who'd have wanted him gone if we'd known that Michael Beale would have ended up as his replacement mind.

Last edited:
Went to the Man Utd V Liverpool cup game. Was in the Number 7 suite and spoke to Gary Pallister (yeah look at me blah blah blah) told him the majority of us loved Mogga. He said he knew that and lived the fans and knew they were behind him in how s current fight. Pallister, his words… said Mogga was f***** over by the ar****** director of football. Exactly those words.

He knew what was coming performance wise. It wouldn’t have been as bad as it is, but he knew we were going to struggle to hit play offs.
You could map it out, you didn’t need to be Tony Mowbray or a physic to see what was going to happen.
Went to the Man Utd V Liverpool cup game. Was in the Number 7 suite and spoke to Gary Pallister (yeah look at me blah blah blah) told him the majority of us loved Mogga. He said he knew that and lived the fans and knew they were behind him in how s current fight. Pallister, his words… said Mogga was f***** over by the ar****** director of football. Exactly those words.

Heard similar from other sources. The kid hangs on Speakmans every word. He’s a dangerous man( as far as our club goes). To much power with to little experience of how to use it.

Question is when does he become accountable for the number of head coaches we have had since promotion and for the recruitment in the last 3 windows.

Scores on the door say he is a failure… when does the boy see that?

Last edited:

Back