Tony Mowbray

hellawbestpizza2

Central Defender
From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.

From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.
He was becoming too vocal .

He’d said the wrong thing too many times and began to publicly criticise the model of putting inadequate young players in the side just to keep Speakman happy.

It’s telling that in pretty much every interview you hear with a fan or journalist of another championship side they all find the sacking of Mowbray a really strange decision and cite it as the reason our season imploded.

He’d said the wrong thing too many times and began to publicly criticise the model of putting inadequate young players in the side just to keep Speakman happy.

It’s telling that in pretty much every interview you hear with a fan or journalist of another championship side they all find the sacking of Mowbray a really strange decision and cite it as the reason our season imploded.
Cos its true!

I can’t understand the thought process behind someone spitting about Sir Bobby Robson.

They wanted shot in the summer (although that was labelled conspiracy at the time by some!) and then they doled out a punishment sacking on account of his public utterances about experience and recruitment at the first opportunity when results hit a sticky patch.

Luckily they have good succession planning and a sound candidate was ready to step in just two and a half weeks later to do a sterling job for a couple of month before he’d have to be given the Jacques Chirac as well

For some reason we hounded him out like we hounded out Beale

There were a lot on here who thought we should have been top of the league and Mowbray was holding us back, not giving the foreign lads a chance etc..etc..

Those thoughts were obviously echoed by CS and KLD

A lot of people were made to look very very foolish.

He was definitely on his way out mind. I just didn't expect it after Millwall.

There'd been rumblings of discontent for a few weeks before him leaving. Mad getting shot of him for Beale, completely bonkers.

Back