Tony Mowbray

You would think you got rid of Mowbray because he spoke out.

I've heard people on here say things were unravelling under him on the pitch. Seems harsh to me. You were top half, he was allowed a bad patch surely - especially in this league.
A sensible post, mate.

TM had more than enough in the bank to give him at least until the summer. We won't easily find such a good fit of an HC and almost universally loved man like Tony was, I can guarantee that.

Dodds will likely get until the end of the season, no matter how bad things get. That's Speakman logic for you.

From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.
What’s it got to do with u you mag rat ?
Why on earth are u remotely interested in why Mowbray was sacked u useless pathetic snail.

If at any point in my life I felt the need to even look at a Newcastle fans forum I’d be embarrassed but to comment and try to start conversations With them would make me change so much about my life.

Saturday night at 10pm you are on here blabbering on about Tony Mowbray man.

Sort yaself out Man U limp pathetic fool
For some reason we hounded him out like we hounded out Beale

What a pile of shite.

Last edited:
It's irrelevant tho isn't it as we'd of been without him from February onwards?
But the future was not set then and you seem to have been without a manager ever since he was sacked (was that November or December?)
There was some discontent with a minority of the fanbase with Mowbray. I don't think he was hounded out mind.
Mowbray was not hounded out by SAFC fans (and I say that as a Mag)

Beale was cos is not some bloke called Will Still.

Last edited:
From the outside looking in, i really can't understand the thought process behind sacking Mowbray? Was it a knee jerk reaction or did KLD genuinely buy into Beale's 'world class coaching'.?

I also may be missing how the team was performing towards the end of Mowbrays tenure too, but they were definitely still picking up points.
Mowbray was told (based on last year) the owners believed the team should have been challenging the top two. Delusional and incompetent thinking.

Beale wasn’t brought in as Mowbrays replacement straight away which would suggest strongly that he wasn’t tapped up prior or else that would have happened as soon as Mowbray had cleared his desk.

But the future was not set then and you seem to have been without a manager ever since he was sacked (was that November or December?)

Beale was let ago as he had alienated the fans, players and coaching staff in the space of 2 months. You do not follow Sunderland closely if you think the owner does things due to the fan opinion.

All season the team Mowbray had hit patches of form with good results and then a few bad ones, but were steady away really and never too far away from the play offs at all. Yes the results weren’t great at the end of his tenure at the club, but nowhere near enough to warrant a change. Also it must be noted that we have a recruitment team headed by Speakman who has pulled the trigger for Mowbray identifying areas of the team that we need to improve. Questioning this is why he was sacked and not the results or performances.

Beale was the wrong appointment. The fans knew it, the media knew it, even Speakman knew it. He was and unmitigated disaster which included such hits as:

- chucking players under the bus publicly, as early as the game against you lot
- ''I haven't worked in London for 10 years''
- ''Outside Noise''
- complete lack of ability to affect a game tactically
- f***ing Hume off
- and my own personal favorite, Burner account-gate

He is a Linkedin manager who interviews well and completely pulled the wool over Speakmans eyes, which is on Speakman.

Hounded out because he wasn't Will Still? behave man

There was some discontent with a minority of the fanbase with Mowbray. I don't think he was hounded out mind.
I only heard one “fukk off mobray ya smoggie knut” bloke was p1ssed and storming out after 80 minutes, so I’d agree far from hounded out.

Sacked after millwall ………… the game be benched jobe iirc Hmmmmmmm

Back