Tony Mowbray

The axis between KLD and Speakman is a dangerous one given the lack of experience of both parties. KLD: rich(ish), one dimesional football experience (owner not player) and relatively young. Speakman: relatively inexperienced at this level, with a remit from KLD to deliver a theretical self funding "model, that very few have ever delivered, with questionable communication skills.

Throw Tony Mowbray into the equation, the experienced player and manager, who has managed at the highest domestic levels. He made a fantastic job of a young squad and barring injuries (to Centre backs) would likely have had us promoted. He knew we had to replace Stewart and others with similar quality (we all knew). We did not, in fact we went backwards. When Mowbray was blamed for results by fielding a lesser quality team than last season, he simply stated the obvious to his young masters. KLD & Speakman couldn't take the criticism and whatever we heard, I'm sure it was much worse in reality.

Mowbray had his principles and I'll put him in the same league as Stokoe and Reid etc, a manager who really got the club and played attractive football. I wish him well personally.

Testing times for KLD and Speakman, as I can't this this getting better before it gets worse!

Back