Tony Mowbray vs Michael Beale

We're not, goals conceded per game is worse as well.
Sorry, ya right. Ever so slightly.

I was comparing Beale with Mowbray, not the full 22 games before his appointment.

There's very little in any of it really. As I say, it can all swing massively over a couple of games. To compare fairly, we're going to have to look at it after 19 games.

Sorry, ya right. Ever so slightly.

I was comparing Beale with Mowbray, not the full 22 games before his appointment.

There's very little in any of it really. As I say, it can all swing massively over a couple of games. To compare fairly, we're going to have to look at it after 19 games.
Totally but with the run of games we've got coming up I fear it will get worse.

I sincerely hope you’re right mate as I think most can only see one outcome

Ah, so it is. That’s still only gets you 13th-14th recently
11th last year.

We were on course for 65 points under Mowbray, which would still get you 11th.

This season as a whole, Mowbray, Doddsy, and Beale combined, our ppg is 1.46... that gets you 67 points rounded down, which last season would have seen you in 9th.

The biggest issue is that even if we score a few our style is not what it was. There have been times when the way we played was incredible, almost amazing that Sunderland had lads knocking around as they were.

Nowhere near as many signs of that at the moment.

Totally but with the run of games we've got coming up I fear it will get worse.
Well, it might. Have to wait and see. Losing Roberts again is a massive pisser.
The biggest issue is that even if we score a few our style is not what it was. There have been times when the way we played was incredible, almost amazing that Sunderland had lads knocking around as they were.

Nowhere near as many signs of that at the moment.
Not an issue in the slightest for me.

I've never known Sunderland supporters to be so precious about our style of play before.

And whilst we undoubtedly played some nice football, I still think it's been overstated just how often we played it.

Last edited:
We will see the outcome unfold this Saturday. Tony Mowbray on last night's display will exploit our weaknesses at Huddersfield no problem and capitalise fully. Hopefully when Birmingham attempt to bully and beat us into submission we will show some resistance and not simply crumble. To do this all of our players will have to bust a gut. Styles must play if ready to replace one of the passengers and Seelt deserves a start after watching that from the bench last night. Beale said he would need to use the whole squad this week and he has a fair choice in who deserves dropping.

Clarke who is lethal in this league getting the ball as wide as possible then cutting inside or running down the wing. Let’s play him inverted. Beale :cool:
:lol: That and Jack Clarke is the very definition of an inverted winger.

If you're going to criticise Beale's tactics, then it's probably best not to use the one player whose numbers are definitely up under him.

:lol: That and Jack Clarke is the very definition of an inverted winger.

If you're going to criticise Beale's tactics, then it's probably best not to use the one player whose numbers are definitely up under him.
Yeah he is an inverted winger, by getting the ball from wide and cutting inside. Beale has him positioned more inside from the off, so he’s unable to carry the ball and instead gets crowded out by the midfield.

The past doesn't matter, what matters is what is left to play for.
As albert tatlock said "past is prologue" and ena sharples retorted "if you dont learn from your mistakes you are destined to repeat them "what actually makes you think the next 12 games results will be any better than the last 12?

Yeah he is an inverted winger, by getting the ball from wide and cutting inside. Beale has him positioned more inside from the off, so he’s unable to carry the ball and instead gets crowded out by the midfield.
A, that's a complete load of bollocks, and B, he's been very capable of carrying the ball and getting moves going. If anything it was in the wider areas last night where he was getting no joy out of Rudoni and Pearson.

A, that's a complete load of bollocks, and B, he's been very capable of carrying the ball and getting moves going. If anything it was in the wider areas last night where he was getting no joy out of Rudoni and Pearson.
Aye the map graph of our average players positions last night definitely doesn’t prove that that’s where he was playing most of the night.

Mowbray had better players to work with than Beale. Anyone would struggle for the play-offs with the players Beale has now. Not sure how inspirational he is though, we need a lift.

Aye the map graph of our average players positions last night definitely doesn’t prove that that’s where he was playing most of the night.
You're right, it definitely doesn't.

Lets compare it with Jack Clarke's average position against Southampton shall we...

Or Birmgingham

Or Plymouth

Well fuck me if they're not all almost identical.

Even when we were down to ten men and got trounced off Boro he's in the same fuckin' place...

If Mogga turns us over with an inferior team will this be the final nail in Beale’s coffin with our support?
Mogga will win sat.
They will be so up for it
We will be pedestrian and be at half speed.

Beale will be here 10 games into next season when KS will finally get rid with us about 17th

Beale has the same players.🤷‍♂️
We have lost Pritchard - someone who could put his foot on the ball in the crowded middle of the park and play passes either forward or out wide

Now either we dont have anyone in wide positions or if we do The most likely pass from the centre of midfield is to someone in the back four

We are left with an unstructured lump in the middle of the park which attracts the likes of Ba, Jobe, Neil and Ekwah into it with no obvious exit route - certainly nothing that threatens the opposition goal

We have lost Pritchard - someone who could put his foot on the ball in the crowded middle of the park and play passes either forward or out wide

Now either we dont have anyone in wide positions or if we do The most likely pass from the centre of midfield is to someone in the back four

We are left with an unstructured lump in the middle of the park which attracts the likes of Ba, Jobe, Neil and Ekwah into it with no obvious exit route - certainly nothing that threatens the opposition goal
Last night was the first game since losing him where I thought we could have actually done with Pritchard.

Aye Pritchard is a miss.

I dare say the senior managements/ownerships coffin, not only Beales.

Many nails were put into it with the mags game and the pathetic third successive transfer window, this may be the final one for most.

I can see a significant drop off in ST renewal numbers once the window opens mid/late March.
Don't be ridiculous.
KLD and KS are in this together and have got loads right.
It looks like a bad management appointment where KS has put getting a coach in over getting a good man manager.

Final nail - What , getting promoted after they took over after we had stagnated for 3 seasons in league one.
Getting us to the play offs last season
Now being really disappointed as we're probably not going to make the play offs in our second season, even after people go on about poor transfer windows still having one of the best young squads in the league ? - do we really need a huge overhaul of everything as it's gone so wrong on the pitch and there is no hope for the future - final nail 🤔🤣

Last edited:

Back