Tokyo

I am doing my ‘once in a lifetime, probably’ trip next year. We are visiting the wife’s relations in Canada.

There are a few places that I would like to visit but I wouldn’t deem them as totally necessary. India, Japan, Arctic, Scandinavia.

I will deffo see more of Belgium, Netherlands, Germany hopefully.
Canada sounds great, Stevie.

I've done Holland, Belgium and Germany, enough times, but still would love to see more of Germany.
Did Cologne, Freiburg and the Black Forest, but love to see old Germany, with the castles and picture postcard type of towns.

Would like to visit Hungary again soon.
I've not been to Budapest, Eger or Balaton since the late 70's where I did some Summer work as a fruit picker, picking apples, pears, peaches, plums and grapes.
I'd love to visit Budapest again as it's a beautiful city and I speak the language (enough to get by)

I'm going to the Argentina game, tickets are on general sale on the RWC website. I'm based in Philippines so Japan is essily doable in a weekend.

Tokyo is ok but nothing special imo, personally I preferred Mt Fuji, Nagoya and Hiroshima.
Rwc website is nightmare

Couldn't get me two tickets could you.

I'll have another go on it tomorrow

Loved roppongi when I was there for the world cup, was meant to fly home after Brazil knocked us out but put my flight back 5 days in a row, was nuts.

Went for a night out there for a leaving do. I woke up in Yokohama, lived on opposite side of bay. Got back about 2pm

3 others got back around 6pm. One lsd we did see till 5 days later. We were ready to call embassy

I'll have another go myself. I have. Acouple of other options too I'm looking at

I just looked on the RWC website at the moment it is showing sold out for England v Argentina but keep checking as it changes fequently.

I think for a game like that, you should be able to get tickets in the day tbh anyway. I booked my flight before I knew I had a ticket, reckon you will be ok especially if you'll be in Tokyo for your wife's conference a few days/ week in advance of the match.

Let me know if you're struggling and I'll have another look.

I am doing my ‘once in a lifetime, probably’ trip next year. We are visiting the wife’s relations in Canada.

There are a few places that I would like to visit but I wouldn’t deem them as totally necessary. India, Japan, Arctic, Scandinavia.

I will deffo see more of Belgium, Netherlands, Germany hopefully.

My ‘once in a lifetime, probably’ trip is Pyongyang. Maybe, someday.

My ‘once in a lifetime, probably’ trip is Pyongyang. Maybe, someday.
Iran would be good too.
Canada sounds great, Stevie.

I've done Holland, Belgium and Germany, enough times, but still would love to see more of Germany.
Did Cologne, Freiburg and the Black Forest, but love to see old Germany, with the castles and picture postcard type of towns.

Would like to visit Hungary again soon.
I've not been to Budapest, Eger or Balaton since the late 70's where I did some Summer work as a fruit picker, picking apples, pears, peaches, plums and grapes.
I'd love to visit Budapest again as it's a beautiful city and I speak the language (enough to get by)
I would expect that Hungary has changed a bit since the 70s. Why fruit pick there, if you don’t mind me asking?

Last edited:
Iran would be good too.

I would expect that Hungary has changed a bit since the 70s. Why fruit pick there, if you don’t mind me asking?
I have family in rural Hungary, and have been many times since I was little.
I helped out at uncles farms, since I was a kid, so knew lots about fruit picking and taking the stuff to market to sell.
I just wanted to expand my horizons & see more of the Hungarian countryside, learn the lingo, and enjoy being abroad, without my parents (I was almost 17 back then)

I have family in rural Hungary, and have been many times since I was little.
I helped out at uncles farms, since I was a kid, so knew lots about fruit picking and taking the stuff to market to sell.
I just wanted to expand my horizons & see more of the Hungarian countryside, learn the lingo, and enjoy being abroad, without my parents (I was almost 17 back then)
And I considered visiting relatives in Herrington to be exotic!

😃 😃

There's nowt wrong with Herra 👍

The Hungarian food is hearty and delicious - stews and meat based casseroles are fantastic, as are the desserts and cakes, for those of us with a sweet tooth.
goulash (sp) was served for our school dinners.

We had arctic roll and/or jelly with tinned peaches on a Sunday tea time!

I think that all countries have something interesting to offer.

goulash (sp) was served for our school dinners.

We had arctic roll and/or jelly with tinned peaches on a Sunday tea time!

I think that all countries have something interesting to offer.
Agreed.
I love to try the local food and drink when I'm abroad.
I've had snails, frogs legs and horse meat in France.

Off there in October . I'm accompanying the wife to a conference.

Have a couple days either side which I need to get accommodation for

What are must haves to see and any areas I should be looking at staying in?

Also hoping to take in England v Argentina for Rugby world cup on the staurday 5th
Ta

Don’t bother wiping your hoop for a week before you go, shitters out there will have it shining like an oiled saddle after your first dump.

Few years since I was there but it's relatively easy to get to Mount Fuji. I'd also recommend getting a daily ticket for the underground. It's on a circular route so you can hop on and off all day.
Within the city itself, try and immerse yourself in the contrasts. You can be in someone chaotic like Shibuya (the one with the big crossing) and a few minutes later be sat in a beautifully peaceful park.
I stayed in Shinagawa which was pretty handy for getting around but others might have better suggestions.
The hotel was mental in scale with bowling alley, aqua park, cinema etc.

Just booking that hotel now. I'm staying in grand prince along the road for 4 nights but can't get in for all of it

It's enormous but has the added benefit of vending machines knocking beer out on every floor.
Logon or register to see this image

In the event of an emergency, the woman on the right will toss you off through a glory hole. :lol:
Logon or register to see this image

Was going to stay shibuya for first 2 nights but missus got offered a free trip for us that starts 9am Sunday from the grand prince

Tour includes free trip up skytree and lunch and some other places so mad to turn it down

Tokyo Sky Tree - Japanese Lunch & Ryogoku - Edo Tokyo. Whatever ryogoku is

Last edited:
Off there in October . I'm accompanying the wife to a conference.

Have a couple days either side which I need to get accommodation for

What are must haves to see and any areas I should be looking at staying in?

Also hoping to take in England v Argentina for Rugby world cup on the staurday 5th
Ta
Just go to Washy it'll be cheaper, loads of Japanese there apparently

Back