Toff Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddie isn't posh.
Aurelia on the other hand... Dear me
It is when Henrietta says it.

Youre a bunch of closet homos. I saw the thread title and thought of
Tamara, Portia, Anastasia and that. Sexy ladies looking to me for a bit of rough,
You lot pile in with the Farquars and Gideons.

Sheesh I despair. In a hundreds years time well all have stopped bucking and mankind will peter out though lack of breeding.
There's always a silver lining.

Through cunning use of the 'up to anything at the weekend' approach I discovered that she has a boy and a girl. The boy has the sort of semi-posh name of Freddie (thought I would be pushing my luck to ask if it was short for anything) but the girl came up trumps - Aurelia!
Oh really?

There's a young toff on TV right now called Tybalt. f***ing Tybalt. :lol:

That ridiculous tit Bear Grylls has named his kids Jessie, Marmaduke and Huckleberry. The ridiculous tit.

I heard a lad I know has the middle name 'Innes'. Reminds me of a bit Billy Connolly used to do about posh toffs giving their kids Scottish surnames.

I say Crawford, have you seen Fergus?
Hello old bean, he's over there with Farquhar and Menzies!

Some good names on this thread.

Better than the boring stuff like Gary and Cheryl from 40 year ago.

Nathaniel
A toff's name???

Through cunning use of the 'up to anything at the weekend' approach I discovered that she has a boy and a girl. The boy has the sort of semi-posh name of Freddie (thought I would be pushing my luck to ask if it was short for anything) but the girl came up trumps - Aurelia!
Freddie is classless - as in neither toff nor common, acceptable by both.

Sixtus.

A toff's name???

Freddie is classless - as in neither toff nor common, acceptable by both.

Sixtus.
Agree about Freddie although, as I think I said in a following post, it very much depends on who's saying it. Even a posh accent can't save some names (no examples given in case I massively offend anyone).

Milo and Tatiana are the offspring of an Architect I once worked alongside.
Wooooaaahh. Milo isn't posh! My youngest is a Milo, named him after a nestle chocolate drink from Oz.

He has a mate he goes to polo (school) with called Atticus though, shortened to Kit??

Wooooaaahh. Milo isn't posh! My youngest is a Milo, named him after a nestle chocolate drink from Oz.

He has a mate he goes to polo (school) with called Atticus though, shortened to Kit??
Milo is pretty posh, mate. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back