To all those who went today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you one of the real supporters who call the ones still going sheep or blindly devoted or various suggestions we make it worse by not protesting in some way ?
You may love the club whatever that means but if you've stopped going you've stop supporting surely ? How are you still supporting ?

First time our row has ever been hit by weather ,it came down then did a right angle
I broke my back 4 years ago and I've got osteoarthritis so rarely go out when its cold. Still manage to get to the sol but havent been to a game since I was at Sheff Utd on Boxing Day. What's the point in going when the players have given up? I'm not going back either until Short has sold up

I left on 83. Literally couldn't feel my toes.
It was horrible. The ground was like a morgue. Took may lads in the shop after, to get warm as much as anything, and cant believe the desperate sale on. Training shirts £3.99. Home shirts £7.99. Like a car boot sale of all your dead granny's crockery.
Horrible, horrible experience all round.

I broke my back 4 years ago and I've got osteoarthritis so rarely go out when its cold. Still manage to get to the sol but havent been to a game since I was at Sheff Utd on Boxing Day. What's the point in going when the players have given up? I'm not going back either until Short has sold up
Fair do ,I can't see how a new owner will change a lot ,change has to happen on the pitch .Don't think they've given up but they need direction and belief and passion .That's the managers job

I left on 83. Literally couldn't feel my toes.
It was horrible. The ground was like a morgue. Took may lads in the shop after, to get warm as much as anything, and cant believe the desperate sale on. Training shirts £3.99. Home shirts £7.99. Like a car boot sale of all your dead granny's crockery.
Horrible, horrible experience all round.

Yep. Will get worse too. Safc is dead and will liquidate

My feet were f***ing freezing

So were mine. My fingers were too. Despite gloves.

70 mins for me. Fletcher came on I was off

That was about my time. The lad next to me on my right left and not long after I left too.

Didn't need the worst performance I think I have ever seen to whisk me away. The team offered nothing. Not one thing. I really did not see any merit in sticking around in arctic conditions for nothing. I really did not see one single point in sticking around in icy blizzards when there is nothing to actually stick around for. I saw no hope anywhere. I saw no entertainment. All the while I am freezing to death. That is not a situation I am prepared to stay for.

I'm in the West Stand and it was baltic

At half time I went down to the concession stands to get away from the blasts of icy winds and the snow. I had a fleece jumper on underneath a fleece hooded top and a fleece jacket on top of that. I had my hood of my top over the SAFC beanie hat I had on. I had thick Thinsulate gloves on. My fingers and toes were still feeling that bite that the icy cold brings. It actually worked for a bit. Being around so many others in such a confined space helped to warm me up.

I've had a soak in a hot bath and I'm still frozen.

So did I. Straight in the moment I got back. Though I am OK now.

Last edited:
So were mine. My fingers were too. Despite gloves.

That was about my time. The lad next to me on my right left and not long after I left too.

Didn't need the worst performance I think I have ever seen to whisk me away. The team offered nothing. Not one thing. I really did not see any merit in sticking around in arctic conditions for nothing. I really did not see one single point in sticking around in icy blizzards when there is nothing to actually stick around for. I saw no hope anywhere. I saw no entertainment. All the while I am freezing to death. That is not a situation I am prepared to stay for.

At half time I went down to the concession stands to get away from the blasts of icy winds and the snow. I had a fleece jumper on underneath a fleece hooded top and a fleece jacket on top of that. I had my hood of my top over the SAFC beanie hat I had on. I had thick Thinsulate gloves on. My fingers and toes were still feeling that bite that the icy cold brings. It actually worked for a bit. Being around so many others in such a confined space helped to warm me up.

So did I. Straight in the moment I got back. Though I am OK now.
I went down to the concourse at half time to get out of the wind.

Well at least the arctic conditions in the Premier Concourse kept the seagulls away. I stayed until the end, I have never left before the final whistle in over 50 years of attending. I think I’m just numb to the misery now.

I flew in on Friday afternoon from Belfast for the match. Absolutely pathetic, thought my toes were about to drop off it was that cold. Arrived at Newcastle Airport on Sunday morning to discover my flight was delayed by 4 hours. Have had better weekends but enjoyed a few drinks in Fitzy's on Saturday night to dull the pain.

:lol: :lol:

Same happend to me

My fingers were that numb I couldn't get my tadger out & nearly wet meself :lol:

You must have been thinking about that when you came wandering through the seats in our section. Did you forget the SatNav mate?

I went for a Bovril and it was on a stick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back