To all those who went today

1st time ever I've not made the effort, I have 2 season tickets so consider myself to be a real supporter, I had a lovely hour and a half a kip on the settee while attempting to listen to the match, and do you know what? I'm f***ing pleased I made no effort!

I brought a friend along today for his first (and now probably last) ever football match. We both stayed until the end but were shivering for the last 5 minutes or so. By that point we weren't even comically bad so we couldn't laugh to stay warm.

Also I hope the old guy who fell down the stairs in front of me in U3 on the way out is okay, don't know if you're on here!

Well done, especially if you stayed until the end. Real supporters.

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all...someone who left on 65 minutes and have supported the team since 1965 is less of a supporter than someone who stayed to the end to avoid the traffic??? I hate this "you deserve a medal shit" just my opinion :)

some of the shit ive seen over the years since my first game in 1964, id say i deserve a medal along with the rest who have suffered, absolutely frozen today, starting to think why do i put myself through this shit

Poor Chris eh?

Its not like. I've followed SAFC for more than some of this board have been alive spending thousands of pounds. What do I ever get off SAFC? Fuck all is the answer. You're just another arsehole keyboard warrior

This is the first time in my life where I'm not going. And I won't go again until Short is still in charge. I feel like crying tbh
Your the one getting angry at nothing. I have only praised people. I have been going 45 years, 32 as a st holder, and still am, Calm down son.

hard to be a real supporter living in australia

but I don't allow them to fuck up my weekend every week anymore (trying to stream or listening in on radio Newcastle etc)

certainly won't be coming over for my two games a season like the last five or six years

just like attending public hangings in the dark ages, can't really get my head around the entertainment factor

for those still going is it mostly younger lads out on the piss for a day and reluctant season ticket holders?
I'm the latter.

Sorry but I don't agree with that at all...someone who left on 65 minutes and have supported the team since 1965 is less of a supporter than someone who stayed to the end to avoid the traffic??? I hate this "you deserve a medal shit" just my opinion :)
I meant anybody who went generally today. Staying to the end was more of a physical endurance test:)

1st time ever I've not made the effort, I have 2 season tickets so consider myself to be a real supporter, I had a lovely hour and a half a kip on the settee while attempting to listen to the match, and do you know what? I'm f***ing pleased I made no effort!
It's hard work going at the minute like. Not much fun in it

I didn't go today, so I must not be a real supporter :cry:
For all those sensitive souls, I was merely praising our supporters for going in such conditions and braving the blizzard in the last 20 minutes. Not judging anybody.;)

Last edited:
It was awful today. Both the football and the weather. My feet wished I had done the same as you mate.

Back