Time travel question

Things can experience different rates of time, but you can't ever move something forwards or backwards in time so that it bypasses everything else.

You definitely can't do time travel with humans, because if you could there would already be loads of people from the future telling us about it.

This is what I'm talking about. Everyone has an opinion and some think they're experts but nobody can give a definite answer to my question. I reckon at the time you crossed the timeline of the nuclear bomb youre dead!!! You're in the same time at the same place so youre toast!!!
How much time are you spending in that place though ;)

This is what I'm talking about. Everyone has an opinion and some think they're experts but nobody can give a definite answer to my question. I reckon at the time you crossed the timeline of the nuclear bomb youre dead!!! You're in the same time at the same place so youre toast!!!

Aye, I know nowt about all this but I agree. Equally if your house is demolished surely you'd be killed by falling bricks and things, after all you're just going through time very quickly, you're still there as all the walls and things are being knocked down

Things can experience different rates of time, but you can't ever move something forwards or backwards in time so that it bypasses everything else.

You definitely can't do time travel with humans, because if you could there would already be loads of people from the future telling us about it.

What if they can't remember?

Was bored at work today and this popped into my head for some reason.

Imagine you invented a time machine in your living room. As time is linear and if you went forward or back in time the machine would stay in the same poition where your living room would be at any point in time . It's well known you can't just visit a particular point as the machine doesn't move only time does .

Now imagine if you went forward and there was a nuclear war and a bomb exploded near your house would you die at the point when you passed that time when the bomb went off or would you simply just pass by it and continue to your chosen date??

I'm thinking you'd die as you'd be at that point at which the bomb went off and you'd die the same as everyone else.

Dunno why I thought of that I just did .
I'm certain you asked the same questions next year.

We're all time travellers. The ride takes us along at 1 hour per hour. You don't get much time in the ride in the scheme of things so make the most of it everybody. Be nice to each other and have lots of sex.

Also if time travel was possible then everything that will ever happen has to have happened already otherwise you can't ever have a future to travel forward to or a future to come back in time from.

Aye, I know nowt about all this but I agree. Equally if your house is demolished surely you'd be killed by falling bricks and things, after all you're just going through time very quickly, you're still there as all the walls and things are being knocked down
You'd be in your own time frame, so not really moving quickly.

They're all walking around Los Angeles, my friend...

Also if time travel was possible then everything that will ever happen has to have happened already otherwise you can't ever have a future to travel forward to or a future to come back in time from.

Everything that will ever happen has happened, and as we move forward in time we are actually heading back to the beginning.

Back