Time travel question

If you go back in time to play the lottery. Would you win?

I say not really. You might get 4-5 numbers but not always 6. It comes down to is the universe predestined or random. I say both.

Could you expand on this a bit please? I'm putting the finishing touches to my paper on how to win the lottery using time travel, and I'm in need of expert sources to clinch my PhD.

The problem with time travel is that it doesn't obey the Logical Absolute known as the Law Of Identity. Say you go forward in time 30 years there is an atom in your body which we will call "Atom X". In 30 years time it is somewhere else, maybe you have taken a dump and flushed it down the toilet. When you go forward in time you take that Atom with you and there are two identical atoms, which is impossible.

Law of identity - Wikipedia
Will take me 3 weeks to get my head around your science marra.

Not necessarily mate. I like your style of thinking. But it's not so simple. Quantum mechanics has taught us to expect the unexpected. I.e yes in your scenario you arrive after the bomb had exploded. But it might not necessarily kill you.

Way I see it if you answer this a question you get your head around tine travel.

I say not really. You might get 4-5 numbers but not always 6. It comes down to is the universe predestined or random. I say both.
5 numbers not to be sniffed at. Just keep doing it every week :)

The problem with time travel is that it doesn't obey the Logical Absolute known as the Law Of Identity. Say you go forward in time 30 years there is an atom in your body which we will call "Atom X". In 30 years time it is somewhere else, maybe you have taken a dump and flushed it down the toilet. When you go forward in time you take that Atom with you and there are two identical atoms, which is impossible.

Law of identity - Wikipedia
They solved this entire paradox in an episode of Star Trek iirc.

Not necessarily mate. I like your style of thinking. But it's not so simple. Quantum mechanics has taught us to expect the unexpected. I.e yes in your scenario you arrive after the bomb had exploded. But it might not necessarily kill you.

Way I see it if you answer this a question you get your head around tine travel.

5 numbers not to be sniffed at. Just keep doing it every week :)

Space-time isn't the same as just time.

You start off demonstrating that time exists, then you claim it doesn't :)

How exactly would you become massless?
You're right I didn't put it very well. Physics is hard. Explaining it all in 1 post is even harder. Plus after 12 hours of footy, physics is the last thing on my mind. I'll try again, but it may be even worse... :lol:

"Space-time" is a just a model that merges the 2 concepts of time and space. "Time" being the measurement of change, "space" being a measurement of location. If we were going to meet somewhere tomorrow you'd need to tell me 2 things: what time and where, the "time" and "space", space-time. I couldn't find you with just one of these measurements. Both are intrinsically linked.

No mass can travel faster than light. The faster something goes the heavier it becomes. At 99.99% the speed of light the mass of an object becomes infinite. Theoretically, at the point you reach light speed (if you can) you become massless. This is because you no longer interact with the Higgs field, like a photon, and it's the Higgs field which gives particles their mass. No Higgs field interaction = no mass.

I'm not proof reading that twat so if it's wrong it's wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
If we were going to meet somewhere tomorrow you'd need to tell me 2 things: what time and where, the "time" and "space", space-time. I couldn't find you with just one of these measurements. Both are intrinsically linked.
:lol:

Not true!! When I started my drinking career in CLS 1990 you could go out on a Friday and find exactly the same people at the same time in the same place every week.

Last edited:
My understanding of time is all musically based I'm a genious in that respect.

Time is a concept by which we measure our age, she wants to say it again but she don’t have time.........who said that?

If this time machine was to stay in your front room forever then how would it be explained away to potential buyers or on rightmove?
And she thinks in sync.....like clockwork.

Not true!! When I started my drinking career in CLS 1990 you could go out on a Friday and find exactly the same people at the same time in the same place every week.
Newton's first (and second and third) law (it's all just one big law really) states that every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change its state by the action of an external force.

In this case, the external force was copious amounts of 5% lager and the need for a wet penis.

Newt:cool:n.

You're right I didn't put it very well. Physics is hard. Explaining it all in 1 post is even harder. Plus after 12 hours of footy, physics is the last thing on my mind. I'll try again, but it may be even worse... :lol:

"Space-time" is a just a model that merges the 2 concepts of time and space. "Time" being the measurement of change, "space" being a measurement of location. If we were going to meet somewhere tomorrow you'd need to tell me 2 things: what time and where, the "time" and "space", space-time. I couldn't find you with just one of these measurements. Both are intrinsically linked.

No mass can travel faster than light. The faster something goes the heavier it becomes. At 99.99% the speed of light the mass of an object becomes infinite. Theoretically, at the point you reach light speed (if you can) you become massless. This is because you no longer interact with the Higgs field, like a photon, and it's the Higgs field which gives particles their mass. No Higgs field interaction = no mass.

I'm not proof reading that twat so if it's wrong it's wrong. :lol:
So time exists then?

Time has to be perfectly timed. Apparently humans have already moved forward through time when they went into space.

Back