Time for Ross to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he was limited to what he could sign. Lets not forget its Tony Coton who does the scouting here. He scout's these players. He gets the ball rolling on them, and for me it's clearly not good enough. A lot of the coaching staff seem to be pals with the owners and that could well be an issue in its own right. But at the end of the day Ross has been given a two year deal for a reason.. If we aren't in the Championship by the end of those two years then its job failed and he'll not be getting a new deal.

He was. By wages, mainly. There simply wasn't the headroom under FFP once the EFL had decided we couldn't include the parachute because it had been used to repay debts and outstanding old transfer fees.

He was. By wages, mainly. There simply wasn't the headroom under FFP once the EFL had decided we couldn't include the parachute because it had been used to repay debts and outstanding old transfer fees.

People don't understand this though.. They see biggest budget, so biggest transfer spend. If we got rid of Catts and Oviedo I'm almost convinced we'd be promoted... By better transfers as a result.

Last edited:
People don't understand this though.. They see biggest budget, so biggest transfer spend. If we got rid of Catts and Oviedo I'm almost convinced we'd be promoted... By better transfers as a result.

Catts has been one of our best players this season. We would have signed a worse player than him to replace him.

Catts has been one of our best players this season. We would have signed a worse player than him to replace him.

Hes been good.. Don't think his replacements would of done all that worse tbh. Don't get me wrong I like.. By financially, for the sake of the club we need him gone. Either way its one million plus we could do with on his wages alone.

Last edited:
Hes been good.. Don't think his replacements would of done all that worse tbh. Don't get me wrong I like.. By financially, for the sake of the club we need him gone.

Financially maybe. But having him hasn't hindered us. It's made us better. Same with Mcgeady. Ovideo needs to go. Our best left back is James. Would selling Ovideo have stopped us signing Loovens, Baldwin or Flanagan? I doubt it.

Financially maybe. But having him hasn't hindered us. It's made us better. Same with Mcgeady. Ovideo needs to go. Our best left back is James. Would selling Ovideo have stopped us signing Loovens, Baldwin or Flanagan? I doubt it.

James only signed one year didn't he? I don't think he will sign a new deal personally with Hume coming out of the through.
As far as CBs go, it was bad signing overall. Ross surely must know by now what he needs for next season.

James only signed one year didn't he? I don't think he will sign a new deal personally with Hume coming out of the through.
As far as CBs go, it was bad signing overall. Ross surely must know by now what he needs for next season.

Yeah but more due to worries about coming back off long injury I think. I'd imagine we will give him another one as Oviedo will be away so we still need 2 left backs, and we've totally turned to shit since he got injured.

Yeah but more due to worries about coming back off long injury I think. I'd imagine we will give him another one as Oviedo will be away so we still need 2 left backs, and we've totally turned to shit since he got injured.

Don't see why he wouldn't get another year providing we shift Oviedo.. We have to shift either Flanagan or Baldwin, an absolute must! Both would be even better! I honestly can't wait for next season regardless of what league we are in.

Don't see why he wouldn't get another year providing we shift Oviedo.. We have to shift either Flanagan or Baldwin, an absolute must! Both would be even better! I honestly can't wait for next season regardless of what league we are in.

I think Baldwin will still be here as we paid 200k on him and realistically nobody is going to pay to take him. Not sure about Flanagan. Both.wouldnt be bad for back up but I've prefered Ozturk lately. Problem with shit players is the consistency is even shitter so one week they look good and next totally hopeless . No wonder he doesn't know his best side.

I think Baldwin will still be here as we paid 200k on him and realistically nobody is going to pay to take him. Not sure about Flanagan. Both.wouldnt be bad for back up but I've prefered Ozturk lately. Problem with shit players is the consistency is even shitter so one week they look good and next totally hopeless . No wonder he doesn't know his best side.

Aye true enough.. All ive heard from loads is league one players what do you expect.. Tbh I'd expect the higher end of league one players. There's a standard in every league and our signings imo have been top 10-12 league one players bar the exception of a couple.. It hasn't been good enough. But lessons learnt for next season.

Interestingly he’s actually the 3rd best manager in our entire history statistically.

In all competitions he has the 3rd highest win rate of any manager in our entire existence.

Aye true enough.. All ive heard from loads is league one players what do you expect.. Tbh I'd expect the higher end of league one players. There's a standard in every league and our signings imo have been top 10-12 league one players bar the exception of a couple.. It hasn't been good enough. But lessons learnt for next season.

We signed a few in the summer where other clubs fans took the piss out of us for. Baldwin, Maguire and Power were three off the top of my head. Maguire has quality on the ball but is to inconsistent and Baldwin and Power started OK and turned to shit quite quickly. I've no idea what players for other sides are like though. They could be just as inconsistent. Desperate for just a bit of quality to link the midfield with striker and someone with a bit pace who can go down the byline and cross.

I've said it for months he's in over his head and doesn't know how to handle a club of this size. I've been shot down for saying it many many times but for me the time has come . We've finished the lowest we ever have in our history and yet some are still saying he's doing well . Sorry that's not for me. He's had a bigger budget than any other manager in this league the best training facilities the most well supported team and has still failed . We will lose the play off because of him. And before you start bashing me saying who else would you have etc etc I don't know! But what i do know is that jack Ross is not the man to take us into next season

Thanks for your insight mate he has got the players up for every game just weren’t good enough wipe yer tears yer fanny

No it’s not.

I’m not convinced he’s up to this job but he’s got a shot at redemption. Let’s see how it pans out....

Eh?

Since he arrived he has signed Tom Flanagan, Chris Maguire, Jon McLaughlin, Alim Ozturk, Reece James, Dylan McGeough, Glenn Loovens, Jack Baldwin, Luke O'Nien, Charlie Wyke, Max Power, Grant Leadbitter, Will Grigg, Jermoe Sinclair, Jimmy Dunne, Lewis Morgan, and Kazaiah Sterling.

He has spent more than double the other 23 teams put together.

He hasn't been 'held back from signing anyone'.
Eh? He's had to build a whole new squad man :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back